What would you like to see WotC publish next?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Core:

Environment Series: Mountains
Creature Series: Fey (not cutesey), Elementals and Genies (generously steal from Al-Qadim, since it's apparently not due for a return visit, alas).
Race Series: Races of Shadow, including goblins, kobolds, orcs and other related races given the Races of* treatment.

Forgotten Realms:

Regional Books: Zakhara in the guise of a new Arabian Adventures book. (Really, I want Arabian Adventures, but will take it however I can get it). Oriental Adventures 3.5 with Kara-Tur.

Eberron:

Xen'drik, Mournland, Dragon Marked Houses

Other:
Just in time for the second D&D movie, a Ghostwalk-style setting book. No, seriously. As asstacular as the first movie was, some of the stuff they did in the write-ups leading up to it (before distancing themselves from it as quickly as possible) was pretty neat, like the quicksand rug trap.

exile

First Post
I agree that it'd be nice to see a new Arabian adventures supplement. I'm all for more supplements in general. I have a voracious RPG appetite. However, in the absence of an Arabian Adventures supplement, I think one should be able to put together a pretty decent Arabian Adventures game using the material that I suspect will be in Sandstorm (there's always a lot of desert terrain in an Arabian Adventure setting). I'm sure Maelstrom will have something for the surrounding coastal areas and characters that hail from those regions. I monster type book daling with Genies would be a nice touch (can't count on that happening though). One area where WOTC dropped the ball recently in making an Arabian Adventures type game that much easier for us to make with all of the workbook type stuff they are putting out these days was not including a new sha'ir (or however it is spelled) base class in Complete Arcane.

Chad

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Me, I'd go for a forests/jungle environmental series book, as well as an Underearth book, without the "trappings" of any particular setting.

I haven't bought any of the race splat books, but am planning on buying Complete Arcane and Complete Adventurer. I'd definitely be interested in a race book based on Planetouched races, though.

Now, as for dream products, well, I'd love to have a Greyhawk Campaign Setting hardcover. Yeah, right!

I'd also love a updated Arabian Adventures hardcover, with only a little bit on Al-Qadim in the back. The same thing with a revised Oriental Adventures book for 3.5e, with Kara-Tur influence. In fact, I want a series of new "real world" culture hardcovers. The Orient, Aboriginal Australia, Africa, Ancient Egypt, Aztec, India, Native America, Norse, etc.

:D

Oh yes, and a new Planescape 3.5 boxed set, based on the work done, so far, at Planewalker.com.

Cheers!

KF72

exile

First Post
Hmmm...maybe a sha'ir base class will find its way into Sandstorm. Alternatively, has anyone modeled a sha'ir using existing rules from WOTC, D20, OGL maerial?
Chad

scourger

Explorer
just in case they're listening

My wish list starts with Omega World. I know it's Paizo now, but JT still works for WotC. The core rules are great. Don't change 'em. Just reprint it and add some adventures.

Next, finish the job of making the classic stuff available as pdf downloads at rpgnow. That is just a renewable resource of possibly continuous income stream for the mother company. I've got my eye on 2 downloads now.

I'd like to see some adventures. Core. Not Eberron as I'm not playing it.

I would love to see a "1 book to rule them all" for D&D like Star Wars.

Speaking of which, how 'bout some adventure modules for SWRPG?

Birthright. I missed it the first time, but I was and am intrigued by it. I would definitely buy a reprint (I may get an old boxed set fjust to see).

Romnipotent

First Post
I know, I'd like to see them do something:

CREATIVE

maybe they could publish something we haven't seen before? Seriously the overlap in products is getting annoying. Buy this book, now with 5% new content. I feel like I'm reading a MAD Magazine, or watching the Itchy and Scratchy movie.
A comprehensive and well done naval system for 3.5? with multi deck plans for ships, including hull and such; not just the top deck.

I dont play eberron, while they did make that new they needed help from other outside sources... hey maybe they can find creative people here to do work for them.

Last edited:

Whisper72

Explorer
Definately want to see large (320 pp+) HC of some old settings: Spelljammer, Planescape, Mystara/Known World/Hollow World and DarkSun

Furthermore, a 'draconomicon' on Constructs and one on the goblinoid/humanoid races

Give Greyhawk the same treatment as FR, i.e. bring out a large basic HC and many regional sourcebooks.

More Eberron sourcebooks, most notably of the various regions/kingdoms and a special eberron sourcebook on (technical) equipment (i.e. all the goodies built by the various alchemists, magewrights etc.; from warforged sub-types, the lightning rail and various train types, the various types of elemental powered ships, the moving fortress cities, production facilities, special weapons and alchemical substances etc. etc.)

Adventures! (for Eberron, but also generic)

Akrasia

Procrastinator
Maggan said:
The Complete D&D - One book to rule them all. The 3.5 rulesset in one book, with Chargen, treasure and all that, mass combat rules and domain ruling rules. Basically the Rules Cyclopedia for D&D3.5. With more stuff. But trimmed at the same time.

Yeah, aside from some decent modules, this is pretty much the only thing I would be interested in buying from WotC.

Add in a decent simplified combat system (i.e. one that did not require the use of battlemats), options for some simplified rules more generally, simplified rules (or 'shortcuts') for running high-level campaigns, NO crap 3E art (i.e. no spikes, goggles, goofy poses, etc.), and I would love this product.

Remove ads