What's the Best Print RPG Out in 2022?

Reynard

Legend
I will soon have some extra holiday cash and am looking to buy and RPG or two. First off I am going to order a full set of Level Up core books, but beyond that I am not sure what to splurge on.

What is the best RPG to come out in 2022 that is available in print right now? (so no late backer kickstarter books not out for months or anything like that)

MGibster

Legend
The Gumshoe skill spends have been suitably expanded away from just being about finding clues to support more action-oriented play, among other changes.
I'm going to have to check this out then. I love Gumshoe, but I haven't played it for several years now and I'm interested in what they've changed.

Crusadius

Adventurer
Looking at all the printed rpgs I've gotten this year that are also available to the general public, Swords of the Serpentine is the best.

You play 5e, are not allergic to it, so I think the Dark Souls take on it would be a great choice for you. Outside of 5e I’d say Twilight 2k but sadly, came out in November 2021, still an essential RPG pickup. weird? How about Slugblaster? Might be hard to find, but I think the few prints of it shipped 2022.

dbm

Savage!
Worlds Without Number is very pretty and its GM tools can be used in any fantasy game.

The companion book ‘Atlas of the Latter Earth’ came out very recently.

Worlds Without Number is very pretty and its GM tools can be used in any fantasy game.

The companion book ‘Atlas of the Latter Earth’ came out very recently.
Ooooh they actually did a setting book, I kind of felt like it could have used one, that's really good. Especially as I see it has a bunch more classes and so on!

aramis erak

Legend
If one wants to do classic space opera (60's style, but with some transhumanist nods tossed irreverently in), Mongoose Traveller's 2nd Revised is a solid enough core.

Talisman Adventures is a solid game, couple years old now, but really a different tone due to the different race and class mixes...

Remove ads