• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the buzz on FFE?

Tone Cold

First Post
FFE Alive... sort of.

Since I have/had a card game, SchizoManic, coming out thru FFE, I was able to get some info on FFE:

Cross Gen products (CCG, RPG, etc.) are pretty much kaputz. Don't expect to see them.

Ed Greenwood's campaign setting will come out, the last quarter of this year, but not under the FFE label! A new startup company is taking over the publication of FFE's more recent/new projects, including 1492 RPG/board game and the SchizoManic card game, but not R.A. Salvatore's Demon Wars. The sports dice games (frex, Inning-a-Minute) are a "maybe" at this point.

FFE will continue to support the lines that this new publisher does not pick up, such as Metamorphasis Alpha, Sundered Reaches, Demon Wars, Dungeon World, etc., albeit at a reduced pace.

FFE did not have a booth at Gen Con, but the VP of Sales & Marketing, John Danovich, was there.

Tony Lee
Lead Designer, WWE: Know Your Role RPG

johnsemlak

First Post
Tone Cold said:
Since I have/had a card game, SchizoManic, coming out thru FFE, I was able to get some info on FFE:

Cross Gen products (CCG, RPG, etc.) are pretty much kaputz. Don't expect to see them.

Ed Greenwood's campaign setting will come out, the last quarter of this year, but not under the FFE label! A new startup company is taking over the publication of FFE's more recent/new projects, including 1492 RPG/board game and the SchizoManic card game, but not R.A. Salvatore's Demon Wars. The sports dice games (frex, Inning-a-Minute) are a "maybe" at this point.

FFE will continue to support the lines that this new publisher does not pick up, such as Metamorphasis Alpha, Sundered Reaches, Demon Wars, Dungeon World, etc., albeit at a reduced pace.

FFE did not have a booth at Gen Con, but the VP of Sales & Marketing, John Danovich, was there.

Tony Lee
Lead Designer, WWE: Know Your Role RPG
Thanks for the info. I take it the new company which will publish teh Castlemorn setting is yet to be announced?

Tone Cold

First Post
johnsemlak said:
Thanks for the info. I take it the new company which will publish teh Castlemorn setting is yet to be announced?

It should be announced in the last quarter of 2004. The name is Studio 2, I believe.

Tony

Sheridan

First Post
Tone Cold said:
Tony Lee

Thanks, Tony. The boards over at http://www.fastforwardgames.com still haven't seen posts from any of the staff in a while. The above statement kind of surprises me as by FFE's last announcement, Dungeon World was on indefinate hiatus and the second volume of Sundered Reaches was going to PDF only, but is already *MONTHS* overdue. Do you know if they plan on making any sort of formal annoucement to those they have business relationships with as to what's going on? The "I just won't answer anyone" tactic generally seems to work out much worse in the long run than "I'll stay in communication and be honest."
Thanks again,
*Sheridan

Tone Cold

First Post
FFE is down to one active staff--John Danovich--as far as I know, who was also the only one present at this past Gen Con. It seems to me they are putting all the scheduled releases on indefinite hold. I think they're still sorting out what exactly is going to Studio 2, so until they're done with it and Studio 2 is formally announced, I suspect there will be no answers since whatever they can tell you today may change tomorrow due to the negotiation.

Tony

Sheridan

First Post
This just in...

Studio 2 Publishing, Inc. Debuts As New Sales/Marketing/Publishing Company

I am very proud to announce the formation of a brand new company, Studio 2 Publishing, Inc. Studio 2 will focus on sales and marketing for game companies in the adventure game industry.

Effective immediately, Studio 2 will handle the sales, marketing and invoicing for FanPro, Fast Forward Entertainment and Field Command. All purchase orders should be directed to Studio 2 from now on.

Along with providing sales and marketing for game companies, Studio 2 will also be providing traditional publisher services for companies that would like to devote their creative energy into producing product and not on the mundane business chores that result from their efforts. Studio 2 will provide printing at the highest quality, along with invoicing, warehousing, online sales services, staggered release day shipping, penetration into international marketplaces, and placement into hobby and book trade.

Contact information:

John Danovich
President
Studio 2 Publishing, Inc.
1828 Midpark Dr. Suite I
Knoxville, TN 37921

262-740-2504
262-997-1009 fax
jdanovich_studio2@sbcglobal.net

I'm actually glad to hear its not a new game company, but a marketing company. Marketing definatley seemed to be one of FFE's shortcomings.
*Sheridan

Tone Cold

First Post
mythusmage said:
How did you get snaggled into this place?

Very carefully. It's not everyday I know a little something no one's heard yet :D

mythusmage said:
BTW, Emily Bronte-saurus apologizes for cannonballing that pool.

The old dinosaur's still around? Couldn't been my pool. Don't have one.

Tony

Tone Cold

First Post
Sheridan said:
I'm actually glad to hear its not a new game company, but a marketing company. Marketing definatley seemed to be one of FFE's shortcomings.

Agreed. It's also good that the cool, exciting titles promised by FFE (I, for one, want to see that Conquistador/alternate America RPG) should now see print too.

Tony

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads