• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the coolest item in your game collection?

maggot

First Post
Torg!

3catcircus said:
My *complete* TORG collection (got $500 worth of stuff for around $100 direct from WEG)

I treasure mine as well, but I had to pay retail for it, back when TORG was fresh and new. I'm missing a few novels though.

I used to treasure my copy of H4, but now with PDFs of it available and 3E around, it doesn't seem so cool.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Kid Charlemagne said:
I'm rather fond of my Free City of Haven book (actually three hole punch)... from the guys that did the Thieves' Guild (which is different from Thieves' World) supplements way back when. Great 1st edition thief-related roleplaying stuff.

That's The Gamelords, and was indeed good stuff.

the Jester

Legend
Coolest stuff? I'd say Return to the Tomb of Horrors and Gates of Firestorm Peak.

Excellent modules, both of which I've run in 3e.

I mean, I have rarer, older and more valuable stuff- but those are the coolest. :)

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I'd have to say my 1st copy of the Dangerous Journeys Mythus Book bought at Gencon when it came out in '92.

It has both Gygax's and co-author Dave Newton's signatures. But the amount of information inside of it, meticulously highlighted and underlined, made it about the coolest book for me for a good year.

Sadly, the initial campaign started slowed and never caught on.

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
Great stuff everyone!

I am truly awed by the variety of things people have collected/treasured.

From a collection standpoint, I hold the following things as my favorites:

1) Woodgrain OD&D box set (everything inside is NM, and box is in great shape except for 1 corner) I also have the original dice in great shape as well)

2) Dungeoneer Magazine, issues 1-7. The orginal issues and in great shape.

3) Chainmail 3rd edition - great shape as well.

4) A ton of Judges Guild stuff (Wilderlands, City State of the Invincible Overlord, and lots more) All nearly unused.

I have more, but the above are my favorites.

For usage, I always keep my orginal grey FR boxed set. It was probably the most inspiring thing put out for FR.

Taren Nighteyes

dnddreamer70

First Post
eryndel said:
That's the one. I think most of the spells were out of Psalms and Proverbs. I get a chuckle just reading it.

I guess also on my prized list is my limited edition Vampire Revised stuff... they serve as nice display pieces on my shelf. I also love the books I've contributed in.

But DragonRaid is the one I drag out to show other roleplayers when they come over.

I remember when that came out. It came out allong with Stryper. God, all the Christians wanted fun...but they wanted to put their little twist on it also.

RyanD

Adventurer
Chupacabra said:
What's yours?

I've got some stuff I really treasure.

Besides various signed/embossed/one-of-a-kind 3E books that I really can't replace, I've got:

L3 from the Silver Anniversary Boxed Set, the "last 1st Edition module ever!" with my name in the credits!

A copy of the Ringworld boxed set + the hard to find standalone Ringworld expansion book (Ringworld Companion?)

RIFTS: Manhunter (as far as I know, the only licensed RIFTS product)

A complete set of Twilight:2000 from GDW

The original Traveller:2300AD box (as well as the revised box)

A complete set of DarkSun products (RPGs, novels, software)

A first-printing Primal Order I bought from Lisa Stevens at a booth at NorWesCon in 1991(?)

A complete set of the 1st Edition "mini books" that came out in late 1999 (some of which have been used for reference!)

A shoebox with playtest L5R cards, with names like "Samurai A" and "Crab Wimp Shugenja"

A framed L5R "preview" card sheet

The original art of the "5 Rings" from the Imperial Edition, framed and matted by Matt Wilson

(I could go on, but I suspect I've already achieved geek overload!)

Ryan

vtaltos

Explorer
Hmm lets see...
my trusty old 1st ed PHB,
original deitys and demigods ( funny how many of those seem to be around),
collection of 1st ed modules including original (non-color) covers of S1 & D3,
Villians and Vigilantes,
and finally
Leaves From The Inn of the Last Home

Remove ads