• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the coolest item in your game collection?

dnddreamer70

First Post
eryndel said:
A little off the wall roleplaying game printed in the mid 80s called DragonRaid. It's all about good Christian fun, roleplaying style. It's packed up right now, and I can't recall clearer details except for having attributes like Sword of Justice, Armor of Faith, and Righteous Intolerance to Evil.

Good fun!

Wasn't that the game where to cast a spell you actually had to memorize Bible verses?

dnddreamer70

First Post
As for my prized RPG treasure...

1: Iuz the Evil (I just love that book...used it over and over again)
2: 1st Edition Unearthed Arcana (never used -- which means the pages are still intack!!!)

Qlippoth

Explorer
A couple of things...
The 2 Warhammer Realms of Chaos hardbacks...
The 20th anniversary edition of Call of Cthulhu...
Original copies of Spectres and The Risen for Wraith: The Oblivion...
And, of course, Illuminati and its supplements, from Steve Jackson Games (in the plastic boxes--still finding the money chits everywhere!)...

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I'm rather fond of my Free City of Haven book (actually three hole punch)... from the guys that did the Thieves' Guild (which is different from Thieves' World) supplements way back when. Great 1st edition thief-related roleplaying stuff.

DanMcS

Explorer
I was hunting for some paperwork the other day and found my playtest copy of DarkMatter, all printed out and mailed to me from WotC and stuck in a 3-ring binder. Favorite RPG book ever. It has a little one-pager that was typed up by wolfgang baur with adventure ideas for the setting and stuck in the envelope.

Glee.

Mythtify

First Post
The coolest items in my collection is my prestine copy of AH's Titan board game. I found this in a comic book shop, still shring wrapped on New Year's eve 1999.

eryndel

Explorer
dnddreamer70 said:
Wasn't that the game where to cast a spell you actually had to memorize Bible verses?

That's the one. I think most of the spells were out of Psalms and Proverbs. I get a chuckle just reading it.

I guess also on my prized list is my limited edition Vampire Revised stuff... they serve as nice display pieces on my shelf. I also love the books I've contributed in.

But DragonRaid is the one I drag out to show other roleplayers when they come over.

The stufff I feel I have are not even DnD specific but I use in DnD. Kay-Bee discount toys rock.

I have bought for about 300 dollars many large (figure terms) sized dire monsters and animals from various superhero and sci fi collections.

When visiting the Chiuldrens Museum in Portland last year I bought Red dragons size Large to Collussal. It was a series that the figures went from 4inches in length to about 18inches. That bugger will get someones attention.

and for inspiration- comicbooks, comicbooks and a few more comicbooks.
(my car plate reads COMICS).

For traditional books- I have players/DMG and Monster books for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 3.5. What else is needed?

Remove ads