• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the coolest item in your game collection?

FireLance

Legend
Funny, the gaming products that I think are quite cool are the ones I almost never use:

1. Aria and Aria Worlds: lovely flavor and impressive scope - too bad about the complicated rules. I might mine it for ideas when creating a setting, though.

2. Lost Souls: you play ghosts. The coolest thing about it are the random death tables (broken down by profession in life) so you know how you died.

3. Maelstrom: An single-book role-playing game set in medieval Europe. Had an impressive list of herbs and the game effects.

Without a doubt, it's Castle Amber for OD&D. Follow that with the few remaining bits and pieces that I have left from my older brother's AD&D Conan boxed set.

I'm also quite fond of my British (?) edition of the Red Basic set, which was one small book. I called it "The Bible." Now it's "Chairman Gygax's Red Book." ;)

Gothmog

First Post
Some of my most prized gaming stuff:

- Complete Ars Magica collection from 1st-4th edition.

- The two harbound Realms of Chaos books from GW, along with my hardbound Warhammer FRP. I think I also have almost all the old WHFRP books and modules- great stuff!

- Complete collection of classic Deadlands stuff.

- Near complete collection of Call of Cthulhu stuff from Pagan and Chaosium (all I am lacking is Horror on the Orient Express). Also the 20th Anniversary CoC book- its gorgeous!

- Thieves World boxed set and Companion, and the Cities sourcebook.

- 1st printing Deities & Demigod w/ Cthulhu/Elric.

- 1st printing AD&D DMG signed by Gary Gygax!

- Complete set of all the Greyhawk stuff over the years.

- My AD&D 2E Historical Reference books (the greenbacks).

- My 7 and 16 sided dice (in addition to the more mundane 30 and 100 sided). Also my killer purple 20 sider from my 1st year of gaming- one of those old ones you had to color in the numbers with crayons (silver on this one) and that has no sharp edges left- it only comes out for rare occasions, and always seems to roll what I need it to!

- My d20 collection, most treasured stuff being Midnight (& sourcebooks), Darwin's World stuff, Grim Tales, Conan D20, anything Green Ronin, FFG sourcebooks, MEG stuff, and Necromancer Games modules.

talinthas

First Post
my two prizes are my 3.0 PHB which looks a lot like PA's up there (Jeff grubb told me as he signed mine that it felt like the end of high school, signing yearbooks for everyone =)
and my copy of Dragonlance Adventures, signed by everyone i could find ever associated with DL =)

Prime_Evil

Adventurer
Ridley's Cohort said:
DMG 1e has small print? Hah!

I treasure my beat up copy of 1st edition Chivalry & Sorcery.

BYOMG!

(Bring you own magnifying glass!)

How can you top a pre-AD&D RPG that has rules that let you:
Summon a Lord of Hell and bargain your soul away!
Forge the One Ring!
Discovery the secret of the Philospher's Stone!
Create your own magic items.

I love that book! It's a real classic.....

I still use some of the stuff in it today.

Onathrin

Explorer
I have to say the pride of my rpg collection is my Alternity Limited Edition Preview Edition (#591/2600, signed by Bill Slavicsek and Richard Baker). I don't even remember how I got it... but I do have it.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
The Planescape boxed set.

A 2nd hand copy of 'Sprawl Sites' for 1st ed Shadowrun - with some guys excellent houes rules in the back! :)

Paranoia - yay!

Edit: And how did I forget Steve Jacksons Munchkin's Guide to Powergaming?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads