• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the coolest item in your game collection?

MangahunterD

First Post
I am not sure what my fave item would be. I still have my First edition "Basic" and "Advanced" sets as well as the original books. Probalby my favorite item though would be the qst Edition copy of Champions (now HERO games) or my copy of that Gamma World knock off "The Morrow Projects"

PA

First Post
A recent artifact: 3e PH

1- Peter Adkison
2- ?
3- Ryan Dancey (?)
4- Scott Fisher
5- Jennifer Clarke Wilkes
6- Chris Pramas
7- Dawn Murin
8- ?
9- Todd Antill
10- Keith Strohm
11- James Wyatt
12- Sean K. Reynolds
13- ?
14- Arnie Swekel
15- Stan!
16- Jason Carl
17- Dave Arneson
18- Sam Wood
19- Duane Maxwell
20- Monte Cook
21- Jon Schindehette
22- Skip Williams
23- Sean Glenn (?)
24- Gary Gygax
25- Jonathan Tweet
26- Penny Williams
27- Kim Mohan
28- ?
29- Andy Collins (?)
30- Todd Lockwood
31- Roger Moore
32- Michele Carter
33- John Rateliff
34- Ed Stark
35- Henry Higgenbotham

A- Eric Noah
B- Margaret Weiss
C- Clyde Caldwell
D- Keith Parkinson
E- Larry Elmore
F- Tony DiTerlizzi
G- Jim Bishop

One of the (4) missing ones is Andrew Finch.

Attachments

• PH1nc2.jpg
    PH1nc2.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 129
  • PH2nc2.jpg
    PH2nc2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 104
  • PH3nc2.jpg
    PH3nc2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 106
  • PH4nc2.jpg
    PH4nc2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 98

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Pyrex said:
Hmm, probably my 3.0 PH with my name in the playtester credits. :)

Kewl. Mine's similar, but not quite as cool:

My copy of Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn's Secrets, which came free, as I'm listed as a beneficiary of a "small token of Dunkelzahn's esteem", on page 34. The share of Cross Applied Technologies stock and the press passes are just gravy. :) Won it since I was either the first or one of the first to vote for the dwarven candidate in their election storyline.

Brad

Last edited:

AIM-54

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
Kewl. Mine's similar, but not quite as cool:

My copy of Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn's Secrets, which came free, as I'm listed as a beneficiary of a "small token of Dunkelzahn's esteem", on page 34. The share of Cross Applied Technologies stock and the press passes are just gravy. :)

Brad

I must be tired, it took me a moment to catch that one :p

VirgilCaine

First Post
Since it is the only actual, paper and ink gaming book I own, it would have to be my $11.99 1E DMG which I have found to contain very useful tables and stuff.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Fun thread! I'm especially fond of my Paranoia collection (just about every product), several copies of Spawn of Fashan, the original Dieties & Demigods, and the first issue of Polyhedron.

CarlZog

Explorer
You know, I bought the first edition of Dieties and Demigods when it came out. I bought it just for the Elric stuff, but I decided I wasn't using it and sold at a convention for $5 long before it ever became a collector's item. Oh, the mistakes we make.....

Love this thread. It's funny how differently people define their "most prized possessions" -- some going for highest collectible/monetary value; some most used, and some just sentimental.

Dave Hargrave's Arduin Grimoire is one book that really gave me joy. Even now, I feel like some of his spells and monsters can't be beat. (just converted!)

My 1981 RPGA membership pin is pretty high on the scale of prized gaming possessions, I guess, not to mention my personally inscribed "membership certificate suitable for framing." :)

My 1e core books probably got more hard use than anything else I've owned. Most stuff newer than that I consider pretty replacable.

But if there was a fire in the house, the first game thing I'd probably grab is the notebook from my first campaign. In it is the DM's Adventure Log, all the pc's sheets, event summaries, and the original adventures with all my side notes. That's special to me.

PA

First Post
DaveMage said:
Those autographs are awesome, PA! Very cool.

Tell me about it. First I had to find the personal home addresses of all those people, then there was all that stalking business and stuff, and I won't even mention the kidnappings.

Remove ads