What's the coolest item in your game collection?

cats_claw

King of the Wild Frontier
The first role-playing book I ever got was my 1st edition AD&D DM guide, 1977 printing. It looked huge and the type was soooo small.

Definitly a magical tome.... And it just swept me into role-playing and of course DMing. I still have it, battered cover, binding falling off, faded Efreeti on the cover and still just as magical.

catsclaw

Kaleon Moonshae

When TrueNight falls
A lot of you may laugh at me here, but the book I have honestly gotten the most use out of is my Mage Storyteller's guide (the second addition Book of Mirrors one, not revised or whatever). That book is probably my most prized possession for the sole reason that I have yet to run a game that I do not at least open it up for ideas and advice on running games. Commence the laughter.

AIM-54

First Post
I would have to say my collection of old Robotech: The RPG books. I have all the important ones (1-5, plus Sentinels), which, though useless because the system was not very good, does come in handy as a reference when I'm watching the series. :D

One of my favorite old D&D books would be my 2nd Ed. Complete Druid's Handbook. I really liked druid's way back then (my interest has since waned :p) and the different climate types really made them so much cooler than your average tree-hugger.

Of course Rigger 3 for Shadowrun is probably the coolest overall. Anything with stats and rules for aircraft carriers is tough to beat in my book.

eryndel

Explorer
A little off the wall roleplaying game printed in the mid 80s called DragonRaid. It's all about good Christian fun, roleplaying style. It's packed up right now, and I can't recall clearer details except for having attributes like Sword of Justice, Armor of Faith, and Righteous Intolerance to Evil.

Good fun!

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Great thread!

I would say that my 1E Deities & Demigods w/Elric is up there, but my prized possessions are a four-way tie:

Planescape Box Set
Planes of Chaos Box Set
Planes of Conflict Box Set
Planes of Law Box Set

Best. Products. Evar!!! (IMO) :)

3catcircus

Adventurer
Let's see:

My 1st edition Deities & Demigods w/ Cthulhu and Melnibonean mythos

My *complete* TORG collection (got $500 worth of stuff for around $100 direct from WEG)

My Star Frontiers Zebulon's Guide to Frontier Space

My complete Mythus/Dangerous Journeys collection

My Forgotten Realms Atlas

My Dragonlance Adventures hardcover

The only thing I really want is the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas...

Thotas

First Post
I still have to think about that one. I don't have that GURPS Prisoner, didn't even know it existed. But now I want it. And until I get it, everyone who has a copy is an unmutual, so there. And yes, I have the infamous 1st printing of Deities and Demi-gods. Coolest thing about my copy is that it was the first one in the game shop, I literally took it off the top of the stack with my own hands when they opened the box. When I got it home, the owner of the shop called to ask if my copy was all right, and I told him "yeah, it's great" or some such. Turns out that, though mine was fine, the rest of 'em were horrendously misbound, as in they glue was on both edges and they were all stuck shut

Wombat

First Post
Coolest thing?

Hmmm, hard to say.

Maybe having all four editions of Ars Magica? (I only met one other person with the 1st ed)

Maybe some of the OD&D (pre-AD&D) supplements, such as The Spellcaster's Bible and The Necromican (sic)? Or the original Gods, Demigods, & Heroes (again, pre-AD&D) and/or two entact issues of The Strategic Review?

Or maybe some of the truly obscure games, such as Mechanical Dream, Agone, Nobilis, It Came From the Late, Late, Late Show, or Flashing Blades!?

Hard to chose, truly :D

Remove ads