What's the coolest item in your game collection?

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
DMG 1e has small print? Hah!

I treasure my beat up copy of 1st edition Chivalry & Sorcery.

BYOMG!

(Bring you own magnifying glass!)

How can you top a pre-AD&D RPG that has rules that let you:
Summon a Lord of Hell and bargain your soul away!
Forge the One Ring!
Discovery the secret of the Philospher's Stone!
Create your own magic items.

countgray

First Post
I am really fond of my Planescape stuff.
Especially On Hallowed Ground and also
the Hellbound the Blood War boxed set.

I guess my most prized posession though is my D&D white box set of the original D&D books including the Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, and Gods, Demigods & Heroes supplements.

Last edited:

guedo79

Explorer
I'm the same as DaveMage and countgray. I love my planescape books. I did a lot of work to get the whole collection together a few years after it went out of print and I topped it off with a Monte Cook signed poster.

MythosaAkira

Explorer
I would have to say my set of Original D&D books (Men & Magic, Monsters & Treasure, Underworld & Wilderness Adventures, as well as Greyhawk), mainly for nostalgia but mostly because they're signed by Gary :)

Caspiar

First Post
Once again i have to vote for my old hardcovers, although since i have been playing since '78 they are beat to all hell, i did get a mint Dieties and Demigods (w/Cthulu) (Do we all have one? )

But for me its got to be my original Unearthed Arcana...
It's still the most significant book ever in our hobby, although my first copy had a binding problem, i did replace it...

for more on the fun side.....My old B4 Lost City module...(to me it is still what the game is all about)....

ashockney

First Post
Wow, what a fantastic geek thread.

1st Edition Dieties and Demigods. - very cool, but just got lucky at GenCon

Original FR Boxed set - definitely most used by a long shot

FR Adventures Hardback - signed by Jeff and Ed, I'm an FR fan

Relics and Rituals 2, this is the one for me. First writing credit. No brainer.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Well my original Basic thru Immortal Box Sets I would rank as my favorite.
Though I do cherish my AU signed by Monte and my DUNE book I bought at my first GenCon.

haiiro

First Post
Neat thread. :)

Overall, I'd have to say my old grey box FR campaign set -- by far the most-used item in my collection, and truly a treasure.

I'm also quite fond of my Warhammer FRP hardcover (which is huge!), 2e PHB (where I really got my start), 20th Anniversary Edition CoC (gorgeous), and DL Time of the Dragon boxed set (my first campaign setting). I've also got a copy of WW/Black Dog's Spectres (for Wraith) that Vince Locke and Guy Davis -- two of my favorite RPG and comic artists -- signed on several different pages, which is really nifty.

Nostalgia is a powerful force in most geeks I know, and I'm no exception. ;)

ironmani

First Post
Well when it comes out, my copy of Dark Legacies book with my name in the playtesters credits :) But right now its my set of Olidammara's Dice I won off of eBay. I pull them out when I need to make an important roll. Bless Olidammara!!!! :D Its kinda neat to see them bouncing across the table.... But the one thing I like most are my three miniture box sets of The Heroes of the Forgotten Realms, The heroes of the Lance, and the Draconian mini set. Pricesless.....

Remove ads