What's the current, in print, status of Castle Zagyg??

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Sadly, there are no updates. At this point, it is uncertain how viable any relaunched Castle Zagyg would be.

Cheers!

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I saw it once, and didn't have the $50 at the time. It was pay the month's bills, or pick up the box... since I've never seen another copy since, I wonder if I made the wrong choice. Damn my sense of personal responsibility! :)

grodog

Hero
Gaetano's Axe & Hammer blog is one of the leading Greyhawk research resources out there: if you're interested in GH and not reading, you're really missing out.

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
Regarding the original question, I don't think any of you should expect a traditional release in the near future--that is, don't expect this to suddenly pick up where everything left off, or to see a sudden announcement from Gygax Games on their web site.

I know Gail is putting in time and effort to do this, but it will have to be measured in a long-term timeframe. If we get to see Castle Zagyg again in print at all, it would have to be funded by a more wider-release that is released to all audiences, such as a computer game or MMORPG. The tabletop market is too small right now to justify that type of release.

Remove ads