• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the deal with Promethean: The Created?

warlord

First Post
I browsed their website and the forum but I'm still hopelessly confused. So what's the deal with Promeathean. Is there a backstory? And what makes it different from the other nWoD games?

Crothian

First Post
I haven't been keeping up with everything on it, so some of my info can be wrong but more then likely just incomplete.

The diffrerence is you are not a Vampire, a werewolf, a mage, or a mortal. You are a creature like Frankenstein's Monster. It is a game of medival alchemy, ancient myth, and modern occultism. It is a game of these monsters that want to become human.

At origins they had the free preview booklet, it looks cool.

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Promethean: The Created is A Storytelling Game of Stolen Lives

Prometheans are soulless corpses animated by a mysterious, alchemical force — the Divine Fire stolen from the gods. Their hideousness forces humans, animals, and even nature itself to reject them on an instinctual level. They wander the dark places of the world, seeking what their creators denied them: humanity.

A New Game set in the World of Darkness

• A whole new type of character for players, inspired by the classic Frankenstein monster and the worldwide myths of Golems

• Explores aspects of the World of Darkness unknown to the other game lines

• Strange new antagonists and mysteries to unravel for players of any World of Darkness game

US Page Count: 288 (hardcover). Authors: Bill Bridges, Justin Achilli, Conrad Hubbard, Carl Bowen, Matt McFarland, Howard Ingram, Joseph Carriker, Rick Chiillot. Developer: Bill Bridges

Nightchilde-2

First Post
One of the big differences between the other WoD games and PtC is that, rather than being monsters that try to remain human, Prometheans are monsters that try to become human.

Because they are an aberration, other creatures and even nature itself rejects them. If they stay in an area too long, mobs with pitchforks and torches will form to come after them and the land itself may force them away.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Nightchilde-2 said:
Because they are an aberration, other creatures and even nature itself rejects them. If they stay in an area too long, mobs with pitchforks and torches will form to come after them and the land itself may force them away.
In other words, they're lobbyists.

Crothian

First Post
warlord said:

It was a short lived series about Ghostbusters basically, but serious. Heavy meta plot that arched through the six book series. I always thought of it as a more playiable Wraith. It was done before the nWod stuff, the books are a fun read but I've never had the chance to run it.

Remove ads