What's this about a WotC Licensing Meeting?

Fantasy Grounds is a WotC licensee (as are Gale Force 9, WizKids, n-Space, etc.)

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
We did have to don black cloaks, recite sections of the PHB backwards and drink dark red fluid from a goblet shaped like a skull, but it didn't really seem weird or anything. I have a five or six hour window of time I can't account for, but I think I was just sleeping.
Have you always had that scar?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
My guest would be brand road map. This would be to provide information on direction and products being released to make sure all license holders stay within the parameters and where WotC can get feed back. Would not be surprises to see this all covered in a NDA.

Speculation: We are making a movie for release in 2017, this is what it is about and this is what we want you to focus on to promote it. :)

Vampyr3

Explorer
Turbine is there as well, the DDO Community Manager said there were a few of them there during the live stream this afternoon.. he said it was just the annual meeting..

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
"Just the annual meeting," does not mean, "interesting and cool stuff isn't being discussed." If you are flying people across the country, this is a meeting that's totaling up to tens of thousands of dollars cost, what they are talking about *better* be cool and interesting :)

I imagine a lot of the partners already know the next 2-3 storylines. Miniatures need to be made 6 months to a year in advance and programming computer games is not a slow process. That's all work that started months ago.

They might be checking in on the progress and seeing about what storylines the partners want next. They have lots of ideas, so they might be able to shift things around to work with partners, giving the computer game folks an easier to implement storyline every so often.

My guest would be brand road map. This would be to provide information on direction and products being released to make sure all license holders stay within the parameters and where WotC can get feed back. Would not be surprises to see this all covered in a NDA.

Speculation: We are making a movie for release in 2017, this is what it is about and this is what we want you to focus on to promote it. :)

The soonest they could have a movie out is likely 2018.
To be out in 2017 they would need to start pre-production now and film during 2016. They would need to finalize the script and begin some of the CGI. But that requires having a director and cast locked in, which they do not.

They have lots of time to do coordinated storylines.

Remove ads

Remove ads