• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's up w/ DDI?

RigaMortus2

First Post
I haven't heard much on this topic... I remember when DDI was announced there was a lot of discussion about it, both good and bad. Now that 4E is out, I haven't heard anything about it. Are people using the character builder from DDI? Are they playing D&D through the D&D Game Table? It was supposed to start when the books were released (back on June 6th) right? What's the status?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
As with pretty much every software effort WOTC has ever attempted, it was botched. :(

Other than Dungeon and Dragon magazine, there isn't much to speak of and no real word on when there will be.

RabidBob

First Post
TimeOut said:
Everything is not availiable, except for the Dungeon and Dragon magazines in PDF format.

Stupid question ... I went poking around the site and couldn't find them. How do you get to them? Sign up for Gleemax or something?

lukelightning

First Post
unobserved said:
as a member of the "web industry" that made me both giggle and cringe. note to self: do not give WotC my credit card information ever.

To be fair, they based their Web security on 3.5 so it's only a single skill check. When they update their security to 4.0 you'll have to get 6 successes before 3 fails.

IanB

First Post
They booted the external developer and moved development inside from what I understand, so that's why there has been such a big delay on those features.

(Also this thread should probably be in general, not the rules forum.)

Keltheos

First Post
How can anyone believe they'll get anything involving a computer program running on time when the speed of their forums seems to suggest the server's a Tandy 8000 or IBM XT?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads