• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's up w/ DDI?

Regicide

Banned
Banned
Xorn said:
I'll chime in on the character creation thing--it's really, really easy, plus almost every decision can be undone later (everything but class features, basically).

We found it very easy too, since 4E character creation is almost identical to 3.5E which we already know, except you pick powers instead of skills. The downside is that it's also very easy to make a character that is dramatically weaker than it could be by not placing abilities well.

Rowe

First Post
If guys on their free time can create something robust as Hero Forge for D&D 3.5, why the hell can't Wizards, do the same with a budget.

wedgeski

Adventurer
RabidBob said:
But how does one legitimately gain access to the magazines? Although as noted above if this involves entering one's credit cards into the site I'm not sure I want to go there.
Everything on there is free at the moment which is why the 'security' model is basically non-existent. Think of it more as getting people to sign up with a username... i.e. enough of an impediment to force the uninitiated to sign up.

When DDI goes pay-per-view you can bet you'll have to use a credit card, and you can bet the security model will change dramatically.

DangerAbe

First Post
Having a computer calculate all of your pluses To Hit and Damage for everyone of your powers is REALLY REALLY nice. Especially with new players.

But don't worry gang, I'm sure we'll make characters on Thurday fine. I was just hoping that they'd have the character builder at launch so I wouldn't have to check all the math on everybody's sheet and it would be easier for the newbs.

I do agree that 4th edition character creation is easier than 3e. -Totally

But I'v also never forgiven Wizards for the 3e character creator that was previewed when they first released the 3e PHB and then never finished.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Surgoshan said:
"Y'all". It's spelled "y'all".

It is in my town.

Florence-yall.jpg

DS

Remove ads