• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's up with the new D&D miniatures?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
So they are wiping out the DDM game and restructuring the line to better suit D&D rpg players. Awesome.

So where are they? The next set should be coming out in a few months and I haven't heard or seen much sine the initial press release.

Has there been any word on what the next set will contain?

So they are wiping out the DDM game and restructuring the line to better suit D&D rpg players. Awesome.

So where are they? The next set should be coming out in a few months and I haven't heard or seen much sine the initial press release.

Not really, no. It's coming out in May sometime (IIRC) so they haven't been forthcoming with previews yet.

Oddly enough, we actually know about as much about the set AFTER the next set as we do about the next set itself. (The set after next is a Huge set, it's coming out sometime in the summer, and recently a picture of a Huge Remorhaz mini was spoiled, in a WotC product catalogue I believe.)

remorhaz.jpg

Mixmaster

Explorer

It'll be talked about at DDXP; you'll see many pictures and info then...

JohnnyQuest

First Post
Upon the release of Dangerous Delves and Player's Handbook Heroes 1 on May 19, 2009, Wizards of the Coast will no longer package the D&D Miniatures line in its current configuration (fully randomized booster packs and huge packs). This means that November’s set -- D&D Miniatures: Demonweb -- was the final release sold in fully randomized booster packs and the final release to contain skirmish stats. WotC will continue to update all miniatures stats from previous sets to the current D&D Miniatures ruleset as promised, with the conclusion of that process scheduled for mid-2009. For more information, read the following articles: D&D Miniatures Changes Announcement and D&D Miniatures Changes Explained.

For skirmish fans, here's the bright side:
  • The updating of all the old sets will continue. We'll have 'new' minis coming out through mid-2009.
  • There will be a full slate of DDM events at D&D Experience, including the Limited Championship, with over $5000 in prizes.
  • Minis will still be produced, even after skirmish support ends, and the new mini promise to be of much higher quality
  • The DDM Guild will be licensed officially by WotC to continue the design and publishing of skirmish stats, as well as sanctioning of tournaments, for D&D Miniatures. Sign up for more information and check out our first newsletter!

Last edited:

Remove ads