D&D 5E What's your #1 wish from the D&D community in 2018?

UnknownDyson

Explorer
So because you don't enjoy a particular part of the game, your greatest wish for 2018 is to take it away from others??

You can't deprive somone of something that they never had in the first place. The game isn't supported by Wizard's past 15th level. People who are running high level campaigns in 5e and that ran them in the past are creating their own adventures. Which is practically homebrew. All I am saying is, don't put out content that isn't going to be expounded on.

Last edited:

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
I want a couple things.

1. Eberron 5e - With Keith Baker brought back on in at least a part time capacity.
2. The next optional rules supplement (like Volo and XGE) to include Low Power common magic items. I'm perfectly happy with the way magic items work at the moment, but I want settings (like Eberron) where magic and magic item creations are part of industry, and low power items are common. Cheap one use Feather Fall tokens. Enchanted weapons that are cheap and weak enough to outfit an army but still worth making.
3. Detailed Magic Airship rules. Possibly several different types.

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
And not just weapons or spell casting items. utility items.

Like, a pan enchanted to heat on command for cooking. A canteen that provides enough water for 1 person each day.
A tent with climate control and insect warding.

that kind of stuff.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
People who are running high level campaigns in 5e and that ran them in the past are creating their own adventures. Which is practically homebrew.
But they're working from rules that exist, which you want to see removed. I can't see how having rules hurts you, and it helps them.

If you'd left it at "I'd like to see Wizards support high-level play," I could get behind that. It's the "take it out of the game" part that floors me.

But oh well, it's not going to happen anyway. So excuse me, I have to go prep for the game I'm running for my 16th-level party.

Last edited:

UnknownDyson

Explorer
But they're working from rules that exist, which you want to see removed. I can't see how having rules hurts you, and it helps them.

If you'd left it at "I'd like to see Wizards support high-level play," I could get behind that. It's the "take it out of the game" part that floors me.

But oh well, it's not going to happen anyway. So excuse me, I have to go prep for the game I'm running for my 16th-level party.

I think this is one of those situations where a person reads but does not comprehend. Now that I'm reading this it seems like you engaged me already triggered about the possability of losing something. I never mentioned taking out existing rules, I don't know why you think that. I am merely pointing out the fact that high-level play hasn't recieved any support from any of the adventure products so far. It's not "in the game" and never was. If they made levels 16-20 variant rules in 6e or some other release what is wrong with that? They clearly aren't developing any adventures that have high level play in mind.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I never mentioned taking out existing rules, I don't know why you think that.
Then what did you mean by this:

"I want them to support high level content for their game or take steps to remove it in the future"

?

I am merely pointing out the fact that high-level play hasn't recieved any support from any of the adventure products so far. It's not "in the game" and never was.
I don't believe that official adventures are necessary to validate rules.

Remove ads