• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your alignment in real life?

In real life, you consider yourself...

• Lawful Good

Votes: 86 20.5%
  • Lawful Neutral

Votes: 50 11.9%
  • Lawful Evil

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Neutral Good

Votes: 156 37.2%
  • True Neutral

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • Neutral Evil

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Chaotic Good

Votes: 49 11.7%
  • Chaotic Neutral

Votes: 17 4.1%
  • Chaotic Evil

Votes: 1 0.2%

Cergorach

The Laughing One
The only reason i obey (most) of the law is because it's more convenient to do so, give me a good reason not to and i won't. Being nice and helpful to people takes effort, most of the time i remember to, sometimes i won't. You provoke me and i'll make it hurt.. Bad! *grins evily* On the other hand i tend to take extraordinary effort to not hurt animals, always watching were i put my feet, and only squash mosquito's if they take more then a pint of blood (each). Call me 'true' neutral...

Ry

Explorer
Neutral Evil with tendencies towards True Neutral. I hate kittens (honestly, I hate kittens). I hope someday that my progeny will rule my empire at my side.

If I had to choose a deity, it would probably be Pelor, but I wouldn't be a regular attendee at church (too likely to get smited by some paranoid paladin). I've got no problem with the concept of good; of good and evil, I'd rather see good win. I just have evil tendencies.

Evil Monkey

First Post
Wolfwood2 said:
I have to go with True Neutral. I don't regularly sacrifice hours of time to volunteer to help strangers or go above and beyond the call of duty to help others. I like to think I'm reasonably polite and nice to others, and I'd return a wallet if I found one in the street, because those things cost me nothing.

But I can't pretend that not being a jerk is enough to make me good.

On law and chaos I'm apathetic. It seems like society needs both.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel as well.

As for which patron deity I would choose, I would have to go with Deneir, the FR god of scribes (even though RAW he wouldn't allow a N cleric). My domains would be Knowledge and Rune.

What's that look for? I like books! :p

kolikeos

First Post
I am lawful in many ways and chaotic in many other ways. I am not evil but probably not that good either. So true neutral.
I would probably not worship any god were I a D&D character, just as I don't worship any god in the real world. If I had to choose, it would probably be Boccob. Not because his alignment is the same as mine but because he does not care about, and does not interfere with, mortals as much as other gods. Also because I like magic.
I doubt I have enough wisdom to be a cleric.

Most alignment tests say I'm CN.

I have to go with True Neutral. I don't regularly sacrifice hours of time to volunteer to help strangers or go above and beyond the call of duty to help others. I like to think I'm reasonably polite and nice to others, and I'd return a wallet if I found one in the street, because those things cost me nothing.

But I can't pretend that not being a jerk is enough to make me good.
Same here.

Lawful Evil (I believe that we need, and need to adhere to, laws. Prison should be punishment and not just loss of liberty. Murderers - about whom there is no doubt - should be executed. Rapists and child molesters should lose the capability to do it again).
I wholeheartedly agree!

Last edited:

awayfarer

First Post
Chaotic Neutral*, and I'd like to add that turqoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly.

*CG is also a possibility, but I'm a very apathetic person.

I'm going with Fharlanghn, Travel and Celerity. I just like that deity.

Same here, although I've never actually played in that setting.

occam

Adventurer
I used to like to think I was Neutral Good, but I eventually came to realize that's not really me. So, Lawful Neutral it is.

I like Boccob's hands-off attitude. Knowledge and Magic domains.

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Lawful Neutral.

I generally try to be a nice guy, but don't succeed enough (or try hard enough) that I'd really call myself Good, though I don't exactly go around kicking hoboes or kittens. I am more clearly Lawful; I have an inherent appreciation for order and stability, and in many instances a desire for unchangingness that would make a Modron proud. *And* all the clearly Chaotic people in my life constantly frustrate me. :p

As for deities, Boccob appeals to my hunger for knowledge and learning. Plus: magic, whee! (Domains: Knowledge and Magic.)

caudor

Adventurer
Lawful Good, and even more so since my Grandson was born. What a difference a little boy can make in your outlook on things.

My patron would probably be Yondalla (even though I'm obviously not a halfling). Domains: Protection and Good

Remove ads