• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whats your favorite tier?

Whats your favorite tier

• Heroic

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Paragon

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Epic

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 6 12.0%

SKyOdin

First Post
I am tempted to vote Paragon because of the campaign possibilities, but I only have experience playing in a Heroic tier campaign so far.

What the heck, Paragon it is.

cdrcjsn

First Post
I haven't really tried Epic yet, but I've enjoyed both Heroic and Paragon.

I think I slightly prefer the greater number of options at Paragon, though it's a slight preference.

As someone else has stated, there wasn't really a big jump in difficulty once you get to Paragon level that I initially feared like it was in the previous edition.

Nymrohd

First Post
Have not played Epic yet. Indeed paragon has been more fun than heroic. People have a full suite of powers, paths are interesting, characters have enough feats to really see them affect gameplay, and the monsters of this tier are probably the best:) Truth be told I don't feel prepared for epic at least monster-wise and though I love to use NPCs I hope MM2 will give me more toys to make encounters with:)

My main problem with heroic is that it feels like players don't have enough powers to play with in encounters. I've resolved to use this simple houserule whenever I start a new campaign from 1st level. Give players two encounter powers and daily powers at first level and start replacing powers at levels 7/9 (still 4 of each max that is). I think it will help with the early and mid heroic tier a lot (at 7+ in the later heroic tier I did not feel there was as much of a problem in having what to do in combat).

Last edited:

Wormwood

Adventurer
Paragon Tier is so full of win I can't imagine playing Heroic again.

I imagine I'll have a similar response to Epic.

After that, I suppose I'll be forced to play Exalted. :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads