• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite video game?

Captain Tagon

First Post
Fighting Games: Soul Calibur II, Guilty Gear X, Super Smash Bros. Melee
Strategy Games: UFO and Warcraft III
Role Playing Games: Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, Suikoden, Paper Mario II
First Person Shooter: Unreal Tournament 2004, Halo, Halo 2
Sports Game: Madden: ESPN NFL series, Fire Pro Wrestling D
Other: Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Platformer: Ratchet and Klank
All Time Favorite Game Ever: Halo/Halo 2
Game I Wish I had Copies Of: Planescape: Torment
Most Underappreciated Game Ever: Fire Pro Wrestling D, it wasn't even released in American:(.

Jupp

Explorer
I had an Amiga emulator installed for years just so i could play Pirates! Now I play the new Pirates! and its even better than the original game. Other games that are always installed are Civ2 and Neverwinter Nights. Other than that I am a real adventure game nut.
I have almost zero interest in FPS games. The only such games I played and actually liked were System Shock 2 and the Thief games.

Rackhir said:
Let me put in another vote for X-Com. It WILL make you sweat as your painstakingly recruited, expensively equiped and difficult to replace troopers go up against the alien menace. Loosing a man HURTS in this game, but it's worth it for the first time you capture an alien battle ship or manage to gun down that chest burster just short of your guy.

I'll 3rd and 4th this one, I was truely saddened to hear MicroProse went belly-up because it meant I wouldn't see any future editions ever again.

Oh, and a quicky FYI: if you get someone 'possessed' by an alien, if you end the mission with the captured person mind-controlled by your own people he'll be 'normal' on your side again. It might also be true if you just stun them 'to death', but it's been a long time and I don't remember for certain. This trick saved me much agravation when a 'lucky shot' by some pesky Alien took over a carefully trained and battle-hardened trooper.

Welverin

First Post
devilish said:
Agreed! I miss having another Ultima to look forward to; it followed me through
all of my computer gaming life.

I nurture an unending and boundless hatred for Electronic Arts the bastards.

Jupp said:
I have almost zero interest in FPS games. The only such games I played and actually liked were System Shock 2 and the Thief games.

Probably has something to do with them not being first-person shooters.

>Public Service Announcement<
A first-person perspective does not make something a first-person shooter (a.k.a a FPS).

ShrinkyLink

First Post
Dragon Warrior (the North American release, which I think may have actually been Dragon Warrior 3 in Japan) remains dear to my heart because it was the first game I ever finished.

The game that I thought was pure perfection (if you ignore the relatively easy final boss), that had me laughing and screaming in horror, was Resident Evil 4. That was easily the greatest video game I have ever played. It looked great, it handled oh so well, and I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

As much as I love KOTOR and the Zelda series, nothing has held my attention like dear sweet Res.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
PLANESCAPE: TORMENT

This is the best. There is no question. There are people on this world that I feel do not deserve to own a copy of this wonderful, wonderful game.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Actually I like Anarchy Online, and especially now that the core game is free until sometime in 2006. It's a scifi MMORPG with some serious backstory, which you don't have to get into unless your interested in it. And the players I think tend to be nicer than the average online gamer. http://www.anarchy-online.com You can download the client from there and just play

Remove ads