• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite video game?

Bryan898

First Post
Being subject of a recent temporary layoff (YAY!) I've got some free time on my hands, so I figure I'll try out some new games. What better way to find a game than to ask your peers? So what is it, and why?

I'm an action junkie, I use video games and combative sports to sate my appetite for action, and DnD to sate my inner storyteller. Right now my favorite game is Devil May Cry 3 for the PS 2. It's an awesome fast paced action and actually has a degree of difficulty to it (something I look for in games). Unfortunately, the voice acting and cut scenes are so horrible they hurt to watch. I haven't watched them more than once, nor do I ever plan to. It's still an awesome action game :D

Lasher Dragon

First Post
Right now Guild Wars, hands down. Was playing Doom 3 until the Guild Wars Beta Weekend, now I can think of nothing else. It is really hard to wait until the 27th.

Torm

Explorer
Galaga for mindless blow-em-up.

Civilization III for when I want a thinking game. Or I can play Magic: The Gathering online for free with Magic Workstation, and it has all the cards in it (up to Champions of Kamigawa), so no booster packs to buy. :)

freebfrost

Explorer
God of War.

The *best* PS2 game ever, IMO. A perfect balance of action, puzzles, and challenges.

Plus you are charged with murdering the God of War himself! How cool is that!

Just amazing.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I think the best game I ever played was Ultima 6. It's just the best game every made, IMO.

Others that rank right up there:
Doom
Warcraft II
Simcity 2K
the original Zelda
Mario 64

Rystil Arden

First Post
My favourite console game is definitely Final Fantasy VI. Great plot, interesting characters, high playability and lots of fun extras. Plus, you get such interesting comments as "Wait! I'm a general, not some opera floozy!"

Bryan898

First Post
God of War
If you like God of War you should really check out Devil May Cry III, just because they're two of the best action games ever. Very similar. I liked DMC III better though 'cause it's more difficult, and hence my type of game. :)

Bryan898

First Post
torm said:
Civilization III for when I want a thinking game. Or I can play Magic: The Gathering online for free with Magic Workstation, and it has all the cards in it (up to Champions of Kamigawa), so no booster packs to buy.

That is truly awesome :), thank you for enlightening me to the existence of that wonderful program.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Right now I'm all about World of Warcraft.

All time favorites are:
Final Fantasy 1 and 7
The Legend of Zelda
Soul Calibur 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Def Jam: Fight for NY (guilty pleasure)
MVP Baseball 2005

Kane

Bryan898

First Post
Alas, my computer cannot run World of Warcraft very well... or that may very well be the game of choice.

Funny you mention Final Fantasy I, I'm currently playing the remade version of FF I for PS one :p

Remove ads