• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favourite alignment?

What's your favourite alignment?

• Lawful Good

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Lawful Neutral

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Lawful Evil

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Neutral Good

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • True Neutral

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Neutral Evil

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Chaotic Good

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • Chaotic Neutral

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Chaotic Evil

Votes: 0 0.0%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll start off with a silly, easy question. What alignment do (did) you play most often when you play(ed) versions of D&D which included the nine alignments?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I'll start off with a silly, easy question.
It is? With all the changes to alignment and the specific descriptions of each and what they relate to, I'm not really sure what to vote for. The chaotic-good axis especially has had some major shifts over the years. When I first started playing it wasn't unusual to have a fully lawful team, with evil and good characters working together. Now it's more common to have good teams, with lawful and chaotic characters working together. Back in the day a chaotic character on the team really messed with group dynamics. I used to prefer neutral to neutral good, but later it became chaotic good or even chaotic neutral.

delericho

Legend
Favourite: Lawful Good

Most played: Neutral Good

The reason these don't match is that my experience has been that the LG alignment seems to trigger a strange reaction in DMs, causing them to screw you over in one way or another. (On the player side, a similar reaction can occur with the Chaotic Neutral alignment.)

Lindeloef

First Post
I voted Neutral Good. It lets my be good on my own terms. Breaking the Law if needed to do good stuff or abide the law to do good stuff. The important part is to do good stuff ;)

Elf Witch

First Post
My favorite is Lawful Good I enjoy the challenge of finding ways to accomplish things without always taking the easy way out.

I usually play Neutral Good or Chaotic Good because some of the people I have played with made it hard to be a Lawful Good person and tried to force it to be Lawful Stupid.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I voted LG just because my last few PCs were LN and LG. I have enjoyed playing all the non-evil alignments though from a half-insane CN Thief in 2E to a 1E LG Paladin to a TN Ranger in 3E. I love sampling many of the alignments but the evil ones, despite some attempts at them, just sit poorly with how I like playing D&D.

Personally I tend to a Chaotic Neutral with Good Tendencies. I say that because my characters tend to have severe flaws that can result in them stepping over the line every now and again. Sure, they feel bad about it later, but that doesn't stop them from doing the same thing the next time the scenario rolls around.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads