• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whee, I'm 40! Any advice?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Re: Lying about your age

Red Green had it right- get a new fake ID that says you're 10+ years older than you actually are.

You might look good for 40, but you look GREAT for 50!

BTW, be on your guard. As I found out this year (turning 41) 40 is one of those weird birthdays. After that one, your buddies don't pay as much attention to your increasing age...they're more concerned with their own mortality.

djamel

First Post
Hey congratulations for turning 40, how does it feel? You're not getting any younger but still it's good to become older and mature. Learn something new each day, I think you're going to take more responsibilities in your age than you can imagine. :)

dema

First Post
I am going to be 31 soon, 1/23. I don't know what it will be like to be like to be 40 but last night I did something that only a 17 year old punk with no respect or love of life would do, not going into details but it does not involve kids. I think the mofo deserved a face to face confrontation and despite the presence of weapons I did not care to live or die. I felt alive. I think it all comes down to living. Eric, dude I know you only though this forum and website for the last half decade, but I respect you. My only advice is for you to live, do not get stuck in repetition, try the new things you have not. Don't be a fool a risk your life, but you have to think. It's your life to risk.

I gotta say I'm a lot more excited about 40 than I was about 30. Any of you 40+ folks have any advice for me?

Eric

You're like, really old, right? How am I supposed to give you any tips! ;)

I suppose this is not a problem for you, being a gamer and all, but ensure that you already did a little of the stuff you always wanted to do - do it consistently, not wait for later. It's the lesson I "try to learn" from my recently deceased uncle - he always found the time to make the travels he wanted to do, get the stuff he wanted, or simply find time for himself, despite being also hard-working.

If you're still running 3E, ensure to put your next ability score increase in a way to match with the ability modifiers of your age category. You might want to bump Con (you'll need it!) or Wis. ;)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
There are three things that everyone should know about reaching 40.

1. Your memory gets worse
  2. The policemen start looking *really* young
  3. I forget the third

Cheers (you whippersnapper!)

Remove ads