• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time - No Spoilers

TheSword

Legend
If you want other examples of gratuitous magic use in live action, this comes to mind:
giphy.gif
Yes, I agree the Star Wars films have a lot of telekinesis, a little bit of lightning, some divination and a few suggestions.

It’s the closed live action media I’ve seen to that kind of magic before WOT came along. Though it’s restricted to just a very small handful of people.

Yes, I agree the Star Wars films have a lot of telekinesis, a little bit of lightning, some divination and a few suggestions.

It’s the closed live action media I’ve seen to that kind of magic before WOT came along. Though it’s restricted to just a very small handful of people.
I expect there won't be much more in WoT. The probably spent their magic budget on the first episode.

Stalker0

Legend
6 episodes in, again a pretty decent ride so far. But ultimately its just....ok. For the $10 million/episode pricetag I keep hearing thrown around, I feel like the studio is not getting their bang for the buck by any margin.

But for me just enjoying my streaming service, its been fine.

MarkB

Legend
6 episodes in, again a pretty decent ride so far. But ultimately its just....ok. For the $10 million/episode pricetag I keep hearing thrown around, I feel like the studio is not getting their bang for the buck by any margin.

But for me just enjoying my streaming service, its been fine.
I enjoyed the last episode more than the preceding ones, but yeah, it's still not really a priority for me to catch up with.

Dave Goff

Explorer
I'm enjoying the show. As I've mentioned in various places, I see it as an alternative world, or different spin of the wheel, from the books I've read- there are similarities and the story has many common elements, but it's a different world.

That said, I do feel like a lot of the things that I loved in the books have been left out. I don't mean huge scenes, rather small things like how the Fal Darans should have called out to Lan with his full name and title. I really wanted to hear Taishar Malkier because it sets up reason for them to call the Two Rivers folks Taishar Manatheran.

I mean, huge scenes have been left out but I understand that, given that they have to wrap up a huge book in 8 episodes. I just wish they were focusing on the flavor bits rather than the soap opera-ish drama. I guess it must have been the parts the focus groups liked. LOL.
(edited to fix minor typos)

Last edited:

Remove ads