When did you start posting your story hour?

When Did You Begin Posting Your Story Hour?

Steverooo

First Post
I've had four, most started in 2003, and one in 2004. I won't list tem, as they are at the top of the Story Hours Index, at the top of the preceeding page.

One was a quick tale that was posted as a one-shot, detailing a solo adventure that I ran for one PC. Probably too little dialog, and I doubt anyone (much) ever even saw it.

The next was a tale told on Christmas day, 2003, when the heat was out, inspired by some magic items posted by another ENWorlder, on a thread linked to in that post. That one got a few comments.

The next one, "A Bad End", is actually the earliest, posted after the campaign ended.

The final one started in early 2004, but soon folded, as the GM just couldn't seem to find the time to post, and soon lost most/all of her PCs. Next time, I'll wait until the campaign is concluded, and then start a thread only if it lives!

I wouldn't blame any of my efforts on PC, etc. I just started these few tales because I thought someone else might like to see them... From the (lack of) responce, I'm not so sure that's true, now...

Still, I've been thinking about starting a new Story Hour. I haven't decided whether or not to, yet. Most of the ones I've started have been "different" from the others on the boards, in most respects; this one, not so much...

I started my lone Story Hour - The Happenings of Lucifus Cray - in October 2004. It has been on hold for almost a year until last week when I thought I'd haul out another installment. Updates are irregular at best unfortunately but it's a fun yarn. I imagine I'll eventually catch up to where we are in game.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Tsillanabor

First Post
I started mine this year but lost it (and my account) in the crash. I restarted it fairly quickly after that.

I was inspired by the great story hours I've read here and regret over not writing up some of my older campaigns.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Herremann the Wise said:
I imagine I'll eventually catch up to where we are in game.

Yeah, maybe when the campaign is over. . . ;)

I fell further and further behind on mine (at once point about 20-some-odd sessions behind) and now that the campaign ended this past January I have finally gotten to within 10 sessions.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hey Zad, are you started posting your story hour in 2000? That doesn't seem to jive with my memory, but I could be wrong. . .

And there are still a bunch of folks that have not voted/posted:

• Sepulchrave
  • Sagiro
  • Doc Midnight
  • Greywolf-ELM
  • Henry
  • KidCthulhu
  • (cntxt)
  • Wulf Ratbane
  • carpedavid
  • old one

And I am sure there are more. . .

spyscribe

First Post
el-remmen said:
I was hoping for more data. :\
I think that given the rate of story hour morbidity, if you want to get a good idea of when story hours start, the thing to do is to go through the forum and check the date on the first post of threads you're interested in.

Tedious, but effective.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
spyscribe said:
I think that given the rate of story hour morbidity, if you want to get a good idea of when story hours start, the thing to do is to go through the forum and check the date on the first post of threads you're interested in.

Tedious, but effective.

I don't know if I want to know that badly. ;)

Also, in some cases with older story hours - they were started before the current incarnation of the boards.

Gold Roger

First Post
Inspired by El-Remmen, Piratecat, Sagiro, Old One, Rel (where is he anyway? Dissection was a great thread:() and all those other great writers I tried my hands at SH writing in the early 06.

However, our entire group and especially I am terrible with note taking, I could hardly keep a regular schedule. Then came the crash, the game took a turn I wasn't especially fond of and our group is currently on hiatus, if not even inofficially disbanded and I wasn't especially confident in my writing.

So, yeah, I didn't repost it and am part of the great mass of disheartened sh writer that gave up.

Maybe I'll try again at a later date (most likely when I'm player) or I'll bribe/bully one of my coplayers into writing one :D.

Remove ads