• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When does the character builder get updated?

Evenglare

Adventurer
Ive been wanting to mess around with the hybrid classes of the Blackguard and Vampire. So I was just wondering.

Unrelated , but is there a way to put the 5th edition speculation in another board entirely seeing as it has nothing to do with 4th edition?

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Unrelated , but is there a way to put the 5th edition speculation in another board entirely seeing as it has nothing to do with 4th edition?
This question has been asked, more than once, in several places, and the answer seems to be that it's too early for its own subforum, sadly.

Thanks for asking again though. Maybe if it happens enough, something will finally get done about it.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
The vampire and blackguard hybrid rules are still in playtest. They won't be put in the builder or compendium until after the final version is published. And even then, you may see some changes from what they are now.

Until then, you make hybrid vampire/assassins using a pencil and paper, as gamers made characters in the days of yore.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
The vampire and blackguard hybrid rules are still in playtest. They won't be put in the builder or compendium until after the final version is published. And even then, you may see some changes from what they are now.

Until then, you make hybrid vampire/assassins using a pencil and paper, as gamers made characters in the days of yore.

The final version of the rules were released on August 10th (and did not have any of the playtest verbiage) and should be in the update on Tuesday October 18th.

And to the moving the talk of 5th edition to another forum, the board owner loves rampant speculation and rumor mongering because it brings people to the boards which means advertisement money in his pocket.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Thank you sooo much for an actual answer of Tuesday ! I cant believe it took that many replies before a date / day was given. Again thanks !

Mr. Teapot

First Post
I don't know how I missed the updated article until now. Apologies for the inaccurate info.

I also don't know how they let the Hybrid Executioner still augment basic attacks. That was the most abuse-able thing in the article, and keeping it will make it nearly impossible to make a hybrid Knight or Bladesinger.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I don't know how I missed the updated article until now. Apologies for the inaccurate info.

I also don't know how they let the Hybrid Executioner still augment basic attacks. That was the most abuse-able thing in the article, and keeping it will make it nearly impossible to make a hybrid Knight or Bladesinger.

They have already stated they have no intentions of creating Hybrid options for any of the MBA only classes. So Knight, Slayer, Hunter, Scout, Thief and Bladesinger we wont see Hybrids for.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads