• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When the PC's gains middle age

Hi folks :)
i have a PC with a dexterity of 15 and two-weapon fighting feat
when he gains middle age will lose 1 point of dex and no longer acomplish the prereq of the twf feat what happens then?

he are going to lose also the twf feat?
thanks for answering :)
Merry Xmas and happy new year everyone :D

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Oscar carramiñana said:
Hi folks :)
i have a PC with a dexterity of 15 and two-weapon fighting feat
when he gains middle age will lose 1 point of dex and no longer acomplish the prereq of the twf feat what happens then?
You need to gat a magical item or take your next ability score increase to continue to peruse the feat.

Last edited:

Eosin the Red

First Post
Man, middle age stinks. If it makes you feel any better I lost the feat "Slam Dunk" around 35 years old. I am trying to convince my biology that I should be able to retake the feat but it is requiring much more work at 40.... I think I'll have to spend two feat slots. If this was a game with disadvantages I'd buy myself a physical limitation called "bad knees" to show all the hard work I put into that vertical leap.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Personally, I just wouldn't worry about it. The prerequisite is just for the training. Once that happens, I wouldn't rule that you suddenly forget all that just because you lost one point of Dex much later on.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
WayneLigon said:
The prerequisite is just for the training.

If his DM's a stickler for the rules, of course, that won't fly:

Some feats have prerequisites. Your character must have the indicated ability score, class feature, feat, skill, base attack bonus, or other quality designated in order to select or use that feat. A character can gain a feat at the same level at which he or she gains the prerequisite.

A character can’t use a feat if he or she has lost a prerequisite.

-Hyp.

There was a character like this in Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Zhang He. His commander seemed surprise he could still dual-wield at age ~50, suggesting that many other dual-wielders lose the ability.

If DnD were a game with minimal stat-boosting items, I'd let a player in that situation keep the feat. However, at present, it isn't, so I suggest getting the Dex-boosting item.

Rabelais

First Post
Eosin the Red said:
Man, middle age stinks. If it makes you feel any better I lost the feat "Slam Dunk" around 35 years old. I am trying to convince my biology that I should be able to retake the feat but it is requiring much more work at 40.... I think I'll have to spend two feat slots. If this was a game with disadvantages I'd buy myself a physical limitation called "bad knees" to show all the hard work I put into that vertical leap.

You're telling me... I lost the feat "Party like a Rock Star" at 40... Unfortunately, it's a bedrock pre-req for a whole raft of feats I took when I was a young'n.

Remove ads