When was Tharizdun demoted?

Hi Erik! :)

Erik Mona said:
The original idea behind his demotion, which came with the invention of "intermediate" gods in the 2nd Edition "From the Ashes" era, must have been that since Tharizdun was defeated and locked away by a consortium of several dozen gods, his power has waned, somewhat. Perhaps he's manifestly weaker. Perhaps, as I prefer to look at it, he can call upon only a fraction of his true power, which was sort of the purpose of the prison in the first place. Were he to be released, he would undoubtedly re-assume the greater god status that once was his.

Tharizdun eats Greater Gods for breakfast!

Erik Mona said:
Hell, he might very well transcend it.

Thats more like it! ;)

Cthulhu

First Post
Just be thankful they are not using the real Tharizdun from Gygaxian cosmology - he would hand you your tentacles on a plate! ;)
*mops sweat from his squamous brow with a hanky made of human skin*

Indeed.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Moulin Rogue said:
He lost Worshipper Points? :)

:)

As far as I can tell, the power of a God of Greyhawk has no relationship to how many worshippers they have.

Gods of Greyhawk gain power from extra-dimensional energy sources; from the Oerth itself, or have it innately.

Or that's my explanation for it, anyway. ;)

Cheers!

Larry Fitz

First Post
What a great idea! Roleplaying the various Gods! You would have Worshipper Points and you could have a system of Cohorts and Retainers on the Mortal Coil through which you worked your will (Priests and worshippers and such). Forget Epic level Rules, this is the future of D20!

(For those with a sarcasm deficiency, this is completely in jest, had this been a serious post, you would already be mocking me)

MerricB said:
:)

As far as I can tell, the power of a God of Greyhawk has no relationship to how many worshippers they have.

Gods of Greyhawk gain power from extra-dimensional energy sources; from the Oerth itself, or have it innately.

Or that's my explanation for it, anyway. ;)

Why couldn't they do both!?

Larry Fitz said:
What a great idea! Roleplaying the various Gods! You would have Worshipper Points and you could have a system of Cohorts and Retainers on the Mortal Coil through which you worked your will (Priests and worshippers and such). Forget Epic level Rules, this is the future of D20!

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4850

Larry Fitz said:
(For those with a sarcasm deficiency, this is completely in jest, had this been a serious post, you would already be mocking me)

I am mocking you for not having a clue what your talking about!

Just so that I know exactly what to slap down in my next post - what exactly is your problem with roleplaying deities and the concept of worship points!?!?

Come get some cause I am on the boil here! :mad:

Remove ads