• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When your spellslinger wants some armor...

Warehouse23

First Post
So my Wiz 5 just took a level of Fighter, heading on his way to picking up the EK PrC. In addition to wanting to pick up some new weapons (he's been watching the dwarf barbarian kick butt and take names), I've been thinking about outfitting him with some armor. Afterall, if the man's going to fight, he needs his armor.

So, given that there are no mithral shirts available where the character is right now, what armor would you recommend, if any?

ForceUser

Explorer
Heh, be a psion, then take a level of fighter and crawl into full plate. No chance of spell failure when mixing psionic powers and armor. If you come up with a good character concept, it won't even be cheesy!

:p

Armadon63

First Post
runecaster from races of stone. nothing like walking around in full plate with armor spikes put on and then laying down some spells.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Runesmith from Races of Stone is the most efficient armored mage IMHO. But Dwarfs only.

Cleric/Wizard can be a Geomancer (CDiv) and then cast arcane spells in armor.

Take some levels of Spellsword (CWar).

Or, buy a Chain Shirt made of Blended Quartz (AEG).

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Ask your DM if you can take a feat to reduce arcane spell failure chance. Don't expect more then 10% though. If he does give you 15% buy a chain shirt and accept the 5% failure chance. Or take a shield with no failure chance and you can still use armor spells.

Tyrrell

First Post
Shin Okada said:
Or, buy a Chain Shirt made of Blended Quartz (AEG).

There were rules for alchemically hardened wooden armor in a Dragon magazine that came out just after 3.0 was released (it had elves as a special feature). Armor was not too dissimialr to mithril but slightly inferior and cheeper.

Remove ads