When you're an "evil" person, what non-evil term do you use to describe yourself?

James Heard

Explorer
I think my favorite would be "flexible."

Evil Guy: I'm not a bad guy. Really! I just say the things that some of you are afraid to say, do the things you wish you could. That paladin over there, he'll tell you that he's sanctified and pure - but at the end of the day his sword is bloodier than mine and with less cause. He doesn't know what those people are capable of. I do, because I'm not afraid to to twist their blades and stab them in the eyes with them. He'll tell you that he murders because he is good, but I'm under no such illusions. Prisoners? Would they take prisoners? The paladin says he is good, but a better word would be useless. Pathetic, so hidebound by his own illusions of virtuosity that he can't see what a bloodthirsty maniac he really is."

"I'm more flexible than that. I protect my own and kill those oppose me too, but I'm not going to shy away from something distasteful if it needs to be done and I'm not going to sugar-coat what I do by pretending I consort with 'angels' either. Sure, it means that some folks won't ever like me. That's ok too, because idealists like him flourish because of realists like myself doing the dirty work that greases the wheels of civilized society."

"Now, if you'll excuse me? That chap strapped on the rock promised me he'd tell me where the treasure was, and I told him that if he did he'd only lose the other ear...And my daughter's really been wanting a new warhorse."

Remove ads