• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When's the last time you had a PC pick up the Forgery skill?

Kranton Zo`erth

First Post
Well, I am thinking that the forgery skill comes in more handy when gaming groups use writs and papers...or intrigue in general.....finding forgery looking very useful in eberron.....

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
I always consider taking ranks in forgery, but if I do I rarely pick up more than two or three.
Unfortunately the games I've been in rarely give me the opportunity for such things.

*sigh*

Wormwood

Adventurer
Two weeks ago was the first and only time I saw a D&D player take Forgery.

It's in my Wednesday night Eberron game, and the player in question had just read about identification papers, travelling papers, letters of credit and letters of marque.

Quote, "Finally a reason to take Forgery".

I agreed.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Player used it with gather information, his adventuring rogue was a 'paper man'. He would use gathering info for seals, names of important people, inks, types of paper and such then produce on demand his services to the local guild. It provided him an income when not with the party. :D

Papers he produced:
Certificate of Birth
Certificate of Death - In a world where people can come back this is big! As it id proof someone has given up rights to his holdings!
Passports
Rights of Trade
Bill of Sales
Bill Of Taxation - Smugglers love this one, most parties too!
Right of Entry
Warrents
Bounties

Player had a good time with it.

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
really depends on the campaign and the party.

my last character took 0 ranks in forgery. even tho, it would have come in handy.

but the party wasn't interested in papers or official writs. just kill the monsters and take their stuff. ;)

you can read about it in the story hour in my sig.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads