Where are the Firearms in the SRD?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Hmm. Makes me wonder if Renaissance Era firearms (as well as Modern and Futuristic weapons) will be included in 3.5e and the revised SRD this July.

Carnifex

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
Well, you could use the Modern d20 SRD I guess

Hmm. Does it contain renaissance weapons? I'm talking about early pistols, muskets & rifles here.

Basically, I'm including some slightly expanded rules for firearms in Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks, a product that I'm writing for Horade publishers. I was wanting to check up the renaissance weapons in the SRD to help guide me with the rules I'm concocting, and I need that era of weaponry. If d20 Modern's SRD is only modern stuff :p then it's no use to me really.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Sadly no.

But Privateer's Press free Firearm rule PDF has 'em.

I'll attach it. You can use it if you like.

Attachments

• privateer_firearms.zip
    203.2 KB · Views: 91

Carnifex

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
Sadly no.

But Privateer's Press free Firearm rule PDF has 'em.

I'll attach it. You can use it if you like.

Unfortunately I don't think I can use it - the reason I want to see renaissance weapons in the SRD is as a reference for the firearms I'm putting into Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks. Unless PP's firearms rules are OGL then I can't use 'em, I don't think. Besides which, from what I remember of last time I read their fierarms rules, they've gone a slightly different route to what I'm doing, which i sticking fairly close to the core firearms stuff but with more variety.

coyote6

Adventurer
The old version (HTML, from the OGF website) of the Equipment I (weapons & armor) file has muskets, lasers, and all the other weapons from the DMG. The released RTF of that file on WotC's site seems to be missing all that stuff.

The d20 Modern SRD doesn't to seem to include any muskets or the like.

Carnifex

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
Then make your own weapons using the modern d20 rules or a
watered version so of.

I have basically done so. The thing is I want to check the renaissance weapons to see whether my creations are wildly out of whack with what they've got there and to help with price adjustment. Unfortunately the renaissance rules no longer seem to be in the SRD, and as I previously stated I sadly do not currently have access to a DMG :( - and hence am having to rely on the SRD...

Carnifex

First Post
coyote6 said:
The old version (HTML, from the OGF website) of the Equipment I (weapons & armor) file has muskets, lasers, and all the other weapons from the DMG. The released RTF of that file on WotC's site seems to be missing all that stuff.

The d20 Modern SRD doesn't to seem to include any muskets or the like.

That's the thing, when I've check the OGF website for the SRD they no longer have the muskets etc either. Either that or I'm just looking in the wrong place on the site - no, I've got Equipment I up now and I can't find it there :(

coyote6

Adventurer
The OGF changed their copies to match the released versions, of course.

The copy that I was referencing I downloaded quite a while ago, and burned to CD.

(I find the HTML files much more convenient to browse; opening Word or whatever takes longer, seems slower to scroll, and lets you accidentally edit things. Anybody have a handy link to an HTML version of the current SRD? I found an HTMLized d20 Modern SRD.)

Remove ads