• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where are the really small creatures?

Nyaricus

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
All right, you got me. The one from the ELH. How about after that? How about a fine creature that would be a challenge for an 8th level party? Or a 12th level party? :p
Advanced Dire Horse Fly? :p

Whisper72

Explorer
Where they are? They all got killed by those hordes of 1st level PC's trying to reach the next level without too much personal risk... At a CR of 1/10 you have any idea how many you need to kill to make it to the next level? Let alone the absolute worthlessness of the stuff you take from them! Takes forever to save up for that shiny armor!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Nyaricus said:
Advanced Dire Horse Fly? :p
Well, assuming you use the Dire Creature template from Tome of Horrors (because, as far as I can tell, there isn't actually a Dire Creature template in any WotC book, and the updated version from Tome of Horrors Revised excludes Vermin for some reason), then the Horse Fly becomes medium once you make it Dire.

So, no, that won't work :p

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
One of the things I found pretty nifty in Denizens of Avadnu was that there are some really nasty bad guys who don't necessarily have to increase in size to increase in threat. It's a pretty simple concept, but they did it well.

Voadam

Legend
frankthedm said:
The D&D game needs many diminutive and fine creatures with incapacitating and diseasing attacks. Tse-tse flies and the like.

They would generally get turned into hazards under the current rules I would think.

Nyaricus

First Post
Echohawk said:
Well, assuming you use the Dire Creature template from Tome of Horrors (because, as far as I can tell, there isn't actually a Dire Creature template in any WotC book, and the updated version from Tome of Horrors Revised excludes Vermin for some reason), then the Horse Fly becomes medium once you make it Dire.

So, no, that won't work :p
Dammit.

Which reminds me I need to start a thread about this subject exactly :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads