• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where are you buying Mordenkainen's Magnificient Emporium?

Where are you purchasing Mordenkainen's Magnificient Emporium?

• FLGS all the way, baby!

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • Other hobby/comic brick and mortar store

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Online retailer (incl. game stores, Ebay shops, game stores via Amazon marketplace, etc)

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Other (wait for used, trade, Ebay, etc - explain in response)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Not buying it - if it isn't on Amazon or B&N, I won't get it

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Not buying it - I lke 4E, but this doesn't interest me or don't have the money

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • What's the deal with blue cheese? Is it really fungus?

Votes: 7 8.3%

Mengu

First Post
I bought it (for a friend, not for me) at the FLGS.

But there are many brick and mortar stores with online presence, who do sell it online, so it's not exactly difficult to find online.

the Jester

Legend
Not buying it.

Especially given that it apparently has a lot of reprinted material, I won't buy this thing without being able to see it first. Given that I don't have a FLGS that will get this in closer than a three hour drive away, I don't have a decent way to look at it first. Therefore, despite my strong interest in the subject, I am not going to buy it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
However, if I did buy it, I would buy from my FLGS.

Yep, and for many reasons, several of which I've enumerated elsewhere before.

However, I just added one to my list. I ordered a textbook online: I was trying to get the 2009-10 revised edition. Found it & paid for it, and what I got was the smaller first edition from 2002. There is something like a $100 price difference, and the error was not in my favor. This is not a mistake I would have made in a brick & mortar store.

When I contacted customer service, they asked me for the ISBN number, which I gave them as recorded on their site. I got another 2002 edition. It turns out that the ISBN number they have in their site is for the 2002 edition. They are now trying to figure out how to have someone ascertain the existence of 2009-10 editions in their system...and my class is nearly half over.

In a B&M store, I could show them the difference. Or I could go to another store. But because of the Internet Revolution, it's not available in stores, and other online retailers don't seem to carry the new one...

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I bought my copy from Pegasus Games in Madison, Wisconsin. Got a discount for pre-ordering it.
I remember Pegasus Games from the summer I spent in Madison back in '91... glad that it's still around! :)

Do they still offer a discount on your birthday?

Mentat55

First Post
I bought my copy of MME at Showcase Comics and Games in Bryn Mawr, PA. I used to buy more than 50% of my gaming stuff online, but now I tend to see if Showcase carries it, and if not, then I go Amazon Prime.

Vael

Legend
Same FLGS I DM Encounters at. We get a discount buying there. It's not as good as Amazon, but it's enough to make it worthwhile for me.

Remove ads