• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where can I find a game shop in Denver, CO?

GodDelusion

First Post
We are visiting family in Denver for the week, and my son and I are looking for a quality game shop to purchase some D&D accessories for our sessions while in town. Can you recommend a shop or a resource that will allow us to find shops in the area?

Thanks.

Brad Hindman

First Post
I am not familiar with Denver itself, but if you don't mind driving out into the suburbs, you might consider trying Black and Read in Arvada,

Black and Read

Its a big store, pretty messy and unorganized, but usually has a large selection and a particularly nice collection of old material.

crash_beedo

First Post
I've been out of the area two years now, but there used to be a few good game stores in Denver - Attactix focused heavily on unpainted metal minis, there was Collectormania in Parker, and Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch. There's also a great store in Longmont (Stonebridge, but that's an hour away.

crash_beedo

First Post
I am not familiar with Denver itself, but if you don't mind driving out into the suburbs, you might consider trying Black and Read in Arvada,

Black and Read

Its a big store, pretty messy and unorganized, but usually has a large selection and a particularly nice collection of old material.

Yep, I would agree that if you're looking for RPG stuff, Black and Read is an awesome book store with good prices on RPG, and the only place around that features a healthy amount of out-of-print materials.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Black and read is the best in the NW part of the city.
Attactix is the best in the SE part of the city, its my FLGS. (15107 e. Hampton)
- It has a good stock of current games, RPG & board and minis but cant compete with B&Rs used section.
Tattered cover is a great bookstore but there gaming selection is terrible.
There is really no store worth mentioning in the central city.

crash beedo said:
Collectormania in Parker, (Far SE)
and Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch (SW).
There's also a great store in Stonebridge, Longmont (Very Far N)

Last edited:

Yanomahir

First Post
Valhallas on 44th avenue in Wheat Ridge isn't too bad, and a very short drive out of Denver.

Of course, Black and read is fantastic for books of all types, and has a terrific number of used gaming books. Prices are good, too. Despite 90% of the store being non-gaming books and vinyl music, the owner is very well versed in DnD/Paizo/other systems.

inkmonkeys

First Post
The Wizard's Chest in Cherry Creek North is a costume, toy, game, and hobby store with a small to moderate RPG and minis selection. It doesn't compare with Attactix or Black 'n' Read, but if it's convenient it's worth a visit. Tell 'em Peter sent you.

rizzen9

First Post
Attactix has been closed down for some time now due to the fact they owed the government a lot in taxes or something and Valhalla been closed too. There is a nice shop right outside Fort Carson, Colorado Springs called Dungeons & Dragoons. I've been frequenting Black & Read for about 17 years now, I highly recommend them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads