• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where can I find the description for Iggwilv?

Ron

Explorer
She is briefly described in the first edition adventure Lost Caverns of Tsojocanth, by Gary Gygax. I'm not sure, but I think stats were given in Return of Eight, a rather weak adventure by Roger Moore released in the late 2nd edition era. Still, I prefer her to be an indirect presence in the campaign, much more present as myth than anything else, which requires only a vague description and no stats at all.

Shroomy

Adventurer
According to the editors, she will be making an appearance in one of the last few STAP adventures in Dungeon, complete with a stat block. I think it will be issue 149.

sckeener

First Post
Shroomy said:
According to the editors, she will be making an appearance in one of the last few STAP adventures in Dungeon, complete with a stat block. I think it will be issue 149.

I am drooling...that would be awesome. However I wonder what stats for someone that can imprison Graz'zt would be...

over the top sounds like an understatement...

Shadeydm

First Post
sckeener said:
I am drooling...that would be awesome. However I wonder what stats for someone that can imprison Graz'zt would be...

over the top sounds like an understatement...

Maybe she is just really hot and Graz'zt was just thinking with his wanker on that occasion?

Anson Caralya

First Post
Ron said:
She is briefly described in the first edition adventure Lost Caverns of Tsojocanth, by Gary Gygax. I'm not sure, but I think stats were given in Return of Eight, a rather weak adventure by Roger Moore released in the late 2nd edition era. Still, I prefer her to be an indirect presence in the campaign, much more present as myth than anything else, which requires only a vague description and no stats at all.

No stats were given in Return of the Eight. Mr. Moore positioned her as a threat clearly beyond the PC's power level, and said her spell effects would be beyond 25th level.

Also check out Artifact of Evil and Sea of Death; Gygax gives her a fair amount of attention.

Mr.Black

First Post
When they stat her out, I hope she is impressive (perhaps even over the top). I'd prefer to see her as a wizard, if only to give her maxed out Knowledge: the Planes. An intelligence 34 would work (18 start, +5 Tome, +5 level bumps, +6 headband of intellect). A decent constitution is also desirable, around 22 (16 start, +6 amulet of health). An okay charisma would be nice but not necessary, just for the guys who always ask "what's her charisma?" Epic spells would be awesome, particularly some demon themed ones. In the Epic handbook, I think that Mordenkainen was the only spellcaster who actually had epic spells. As for prestige classes, I think Loremaster and Archmage might fit her well, although if she were a real twink she'd go for Fatespinner and Divine Oracle. However, no demonologist, that class is terrible. If I could pick her items, they'd include a cloak of resistance +5, rod of absorption, cube of force, and some metamagic rods.

Quartz

Hero
IMHO she's the sort of character where everything 'mundane' is +5 quality. And she'd have a +5 Inherent bonus to all stats. So you'd only list the major items, like a +10 Int item - with a +6 item as backup.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads