• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where does True20 break?

dead

Explorer
That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I was active on the Green Ronin forums and played a lot of True20, but I'm not sure if I have any copy of their house rules on my computer. I will try digging around the net to see if I can find something, maybe in the Wayback Machine or Archives.
Thank you. I checked the Wayback Machine, too, and nothing came up. I might try over on another forum. Cheers.

Reef

Hero
I posted this to your message on RPG.net, and I’m adding it here in case anyone else was interested. I do have a version of what I think was the rules you are talking about. However, I dug this out of an email I sent to my players in 2007, so I’m not sure if this is the original Baduin rules, or if I modified it to my own tastes. But here’s what I have:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

No more Toughness penalties, however there are now limits on how many hits you can take before being bumped to the next higher category. This simulates the spiral down without worrying about constantly re-figuring your Tough saves.

Non-Lethal (Hurts)
Failed By
Lethal (Injuries)
Minor (No effect)1-4Minor (No effect)
Moderate (Dazed)5+Moderate (Stunned)
Severe (Stunned)10+Severe (Staggered)
Critical (Staggered)15+Critical (Disabled)
Unconscious 20+Dying (Dying)

Recovery rate
Recovery rates are as follows:
Non-Lethal Damage
Minor Hurt: Automatically goes away at the end of the scene.
Moderate Hurt: Automatically goes away at the rate of one per minute.
Severe Hurt: Make a recovery check once per hour.
Critical Hurt: Make a recovery check once per day.
Unconscious: Make a recovery check once per minute to regain consciousness.

Lethal Damage
Minor Injury: Automatically fades at the rate of one per minute.
Moderate Injury: Make a recovery check once per hour.
Severe Injury: Make a recovery check once per day.
Critical Injury: Make a recovery check once per week.

Remove ads