• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where, oh where, to go for homebrew feedback?

curiosity

First Post
There used to be a forum here for people to talk about their homebrew campaign worlds, if memory serves... Is there still such a forum out there, perhaps on another site?

Basically I'm looking to get some feedback on my homebrew world, which is currently under construction.

Thankee lots.

haiiro

First Post
I don't remember a specific forum for discussing homebrew worlds. If you mainly want to talk about the fluffy aspects of your world, then I think this forum (General Discussion) is the right one. If you mainly want feedback on the crunchy bits, House Rules may be the way to go.

curiosity

First Post
Yerrss... but realistically, any post about homebrew fluff is going to get buried, lost and forgotten in about 2.5 seconds on this board (unless posted by PCat or similar, but what help do they need?).

Oh well, if no-one minds I'll give this thread a daily bump for a little while and see if anyone else can suggest something.

I would like to see a forum on enworld for discussing homebrew campaigns, but I presume there is not enough interest.

Yeah, that forum was rolled up into this one for two reasons:
  1. Nobody much frequented the homebrew forum, so threads languished unread and uncommented on, whereas it was judged that here, although they may start slipping if not occasionally bumped, at least they would get a lot more hits.
  2. Discussion of homebrews really is a general RPG discussion, unless it goes into detail about the various homebrew houserules, of course.

curiosity

First Post
Ah, I see - thanks for the history Joshua, I've been away quite a while (and just changed username).

Ok, I will post about my homebrew soon and see what happens.

Usually the homebrew posts get a lot of reads, but posts are a bit scarce...well, depends really, some of them get more posts than most of the other 'general' threads.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Usually the homebrew posts get a lot of reads, but posts are a bit scarce

Well, that's the nature of the beast.

If I type up my campaign notes for Llamaworld d20 there's bound to be a lot of stuff in there that is very particular not only to my setting but to my players. The Llama Rider prestige class may strike you as broken because of the new mountaineering rules that are also presented, but I happen to know that's OK because my group doesn't like the classes that have Survival as a class skill.

So homebrews are pretty hard to judge and comment on.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Joshua Dyal said:
When are you going to post that Llamaworld setting you keep talking about, anyway, BG? Some of us are interested!

You want Llamaworld? Sorry, man. Llamaworld is pretty hard core. It would fry most gamer's brains. The world just isn't ready for it. The Alpacan Cleave feat alone would make Monte Cook burn his entire product line in shame. A setting based around South American ruminant mammals is the kind of knowledge Man Was Not Meant To Know. Honestly, you're safer summoning C'thulu.

Remove ads