• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where's "Faces of the Divine"?

Pagan priest

First Post
Once upon a time, EN World announced that Avalance Press was going to release a book caled Faces of the Divine. This book was to be available in March 2002. It was to be about the practicioners of various real world faiths, PrC's, festivals, dogma, all that sort of thing... usefull stuff, not a waste of paper compilation of Godly statistics.

I Have seen no mention of it since way back when it was first announced. Will this product ever see the light of day?

I haven't heard anything myself, but you have basically described
Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous. Great Book - check out the reviews ( when they come back up? ) .

Crothian

First Post
The review section seems to be working. Faces of the Divine is overdue.

Looking at their site I don't even see it. Maybe the canceled it?

Tewligan

First Post
Pagan priest said:

I Have seen no mention of it since way back when it was first announced. Will this product ever see the light of day?
If it does come out, I'm betting that the cover will feature either a super-sexy priestess or an ultra-hot avatar. Just a hunch.

Crothian

First Post
Re: Re: Where's "Faces of the Divine"?

Tewligan said:

If it does come out, I'm betting that the cover will feature either a super-sexy priestess or an ultra-hot avatar. Just a hunch.

Actually, on their webpage some of their future covers are not like this. However, most are :D

Pagan priest

First Post
BigFreekinGoblinoid:
I haven't heard anything myself, but you have basically described Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous. Great Book - check out the reviews ( when they come back up? ) .

Actually, they are nothing alike. If I wanted a fantasy pantheon, I'd use the one I've been developing for my own campaign...over 20 years of thought has gone into it. Or I'd use the Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms pantheons, if I was in one of those worlds. I am interested in Faces of the Divine BECAUSE it is real world.

Tewligan

First Post
Pagan priest said:
BigFreekinGoblinoid:

Actually, they are nothing alike. If I wanted a fantasy pantheon, I'd use the one I've been developing for my own campaign...over 20 years of thought has gone into it. Or I'd use the Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms pantheons, if I was in one of those worlds. I am interested in Faces of the Divine BECAUSE it is real world.
Well, if you want information about real world religions, why not just get a non-RPG book about world religions? I'd imagine it would have more information than an RPG-specific one would.

Oh, and Book of the Righteous is still pretty useful even if you aren't using the included pantheon. It's full of prestige classes, holy warrior orders, etc., that you could easily port over to your own pantheon. Es bueno.

Pagan priest

First Post
Actually, I could write books about comparative theology. I just don't have time to write that much info for D&D. It's all I can do to write the stuff I need to run next weeks game, and scribble a few more notes on my home grown campaign world.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Pagan,

I doubt that Avalance is going to have it out in time for you to run with it. You're better off doing it yourself.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
I just looked on their website under their d20 system supplements and I could not find it listed. It might have been cancelled awhile back, but I don't know.

Remove ads