Where's GamingReport.com?

weem

First Post
Mishler left that position and company over a year ago, IFRC. Trust me, use the contact link I provided above if you want more info.

I trust you (I think) ;)

I just happened to be looking at the GamingReport site and ran across his info - thought I would give it a quick try.

I emailed them now (using information from the page you linked to)...

...see, I'm showing the trust, I am consumed by and emit the trust ;)

darjr

I crit!
I'm just wondering if anybody else thought about filing a news story with gammingreport.com about gammingreport.com falling off the intarwebs?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I trust you (I think) ;)

I just happened to be looking at the GamingReport site and ran across his info - thought I would give it a quick try.

I emailed them now (using information from the page you linked to)...

...see, I'm showing the trust, I am consumed by and emit the trust ;)

Right after they were bought by Scrye, I made a further attempt to upload my company logo so that any scoop I gave them could be accompanied by it. Apparently (according to those with whom I exchanged emails) Mishler had a somewhat hacked up system that could not easily be deciphered for adding additional logos. They told me that whenever I had a scoop, I could email them separately and they would add the logo manually for me (a very kind gesture and quite accomodating) for which I thanked them.

Ranger REG

Explorer
DNS = Domain Name System.

Think of websites like a map. Coordinates (the IP address) will show you the specific place, but we give these places names (domain names) so that the human mind can process them better.

So think of http://207.115.90.6/ as the coordinates, and www (dot) gamingreport (dot) as our name for the website.
So, what really happened? I used "www.gamingreport.com" but it goes (or redirected) to CBGXtra.com instead.

Did Comics Buyer's Guide bought GamingReport.com from Scrye (or bought Scrye and all their assets)?

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
So, what really happened? I used "www.gamingreport.com" but it goes (or redirected) to CBGXtra.com instead.

Did Comics Buyer's Guide bought GamingReport.com from Scrye (or bought Scrye and all their assets)?

No, I think the DNS (domain name) is accidentally pointed to the wrong site. It's more than likely on the end of the service provider.

I still say it's a DNS problem. And I appreciate Dragonhelm's explanation of what that is. :)

Happy to help. :)

coyote6

Adventurer
They don't seem to have posted anything since Tuesday, the day before the problem seems to have started. If it were just a DNS problem, the admins ought to be able to get to the site to post a note or something, no? I'd think they'd know to access it via IP address.

Remove ads