• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Animals would you like to see in a PDF?

Which Animals would you like to see in a PDF?

• African Animals

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Australian Animals

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Asian Animals

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • European Animals

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Ocean Animals

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Fantasy Animals

Votes: 24 27.6%

Nellisir

Hero
cleavthorn said:
Okay, I have to know. Animal Archives 1: North American Prehistoric Animals is out. AA2: South American Animals is coming soon. AA3 & 4 are also in the works. (One of those is North American Animals)

What type of animal archive would you like to see?

All of them, honestly. I'm much more willing to buy one, really big, animal book, than 5 or 10 little ones. There are alot of animals that are either common across multiple continents, or so close to other types that having multiple references wouldn't be really efficient, ie, coyote/dingo/dog...different creatures, but with more similarities than differences, and better handled (I think) with single entry and variant stats noted, than multiple entries in multiple documents.

Cheers,
Nell.
Who really does want a big book of animals....

cleavthorn

Explorer
Mammal-like reptiles are always a good idea. Just don't make the BAD mistake of calling a dimetrodon a dinosaur.

What's nice, they're generally not depicted as being as outright viscious as dinosaurs are, so you don't have to feel the urge to beef them up. They're just big scaly animals.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->I try my very best to research the creatures I have made for the Animal Archives series. The amount of time I put into these FAR exceeds the payback monetarily I get. I really want to make quality products though.

However, I can't imagine I would want a pet dimetrodon, no matter how tame or docile one said it might be next to a T. Rex. :)

cleavthorn

Explorer
"All of them, honestly. I'm much more willing to buy one, really big, animal book, than 5 or 10 little ones. There are alot of animals that are either common across multiple continents, or so close to other types that having multiple references wouldn't be really efficient, ie, coyote/dingo/dog...different creatures, but with more similarities than differences, and better handled (I think) with single entry and variant stats noted, than multiple entries in multiple documents."
I'm afraid I have to respectfully disagree with you, Nell. I obviously can't change what you are willing to buy, but I don't think I would have made ANY of the Animal Archives if I hadn't done them this way. By making this series a bit at a time, I truly believe I am producing a better product.

As for the coyote/dingo/dog aspect, I think there are enough differences to merit individual stats and illustrations for many, though possibly not all animals.

sckeener

First Post
Culture

I'd like to see more animals by culture. Frequently I'm adding a nation and I'm basing it on a real world culture. I'd like to see animals for Egypt, Mesopotamia, Japan, Greece, etc and from various time periods of the area. I'd like to throw something that is near extinction and see if the players finish it off. I’d like examples of how it shared the ecosystem with man…was it a pest that dug through trash or lived in the walls? Some of that can be explained by its diet (carnivore, herbivore, omnivore)

I'd love to throw some 1st level players at pest control.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
I'll take any animals of any type, as long as the stats make sense. I've heard good buzz about your products, so I'll be getting at least one come tax refund time.

That said, I'd actually be more interested in modern real-world animals. Say, including the ones that humans have killed off, like mastodons and moas. Anything from the last 10,000 years or so. I'd find those the most useful.

I will be getting your North American Animals. One thing I've wanted to work up was a set of fantasy monsters based on NA animals instead of European/Near East ones. I haven't wanted to make the animal stats myself, though, so that will be a definite buy. :)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Animals Galore!

I dont think there are enough animals statted for the D20 system, and though personally I dowouldn't mind seeing a bokk of animals for the D20 system (and know that I'd buy it as soon as I could) I have a fascination for creatures of the deep blue. So bring it on, whatever it may be! We need more animals.

cleavthorn

Explorer
Great to hear!

I am working on a project for Dark Quest Games at the moment, but I plan to do two Animal Archives back to back after that. Tenativley, its Fantasy Animals and modern North American Animals.

I DO plan on making an AA for each continent as well as an ocean AA.

By the way, I apoligize for the length of time between the AA series. I have a regular full time job and other art & writing projects that keep me busy! I don't want to rush the art or the text, so it takes time. Again, sorry!

John Pope

First Post
Well, I'm John Pope, a newb, and I must say, the creature I want to see is: sheep. Yes that's right, sheep. I'm designed a one-off adventure where the characters come into a farming community and discover, OMG, its under attack from zombie sheep! Sort of a comedy which we can use as a prelude to our central campaign.

But wherever I look, I cannot find stats for sheep - or any mundane animals, actually. So a PDF on mundane animals would be for me. Unless someone can point me to a website with stats for sheep, cows, and all other types of livestock... And I mean, you can go far with mundane animals, just as long as you have enough templates to modify them.

Of course, that's just my opinion. Guess I'll keep looking...

[Edit: Just found my sheep!]

Last edited:

cleavthorn

Explorer
Hmmmm. Lessee, what would we call such a project?

Animal Archives X: Agricultural Animals
Animal Archives X: Farm Animals
Animal Archives X: Home on the Range

Its a deviant from the original deviant idea, but between that and city animals, I have a had a few requests now... I will consider this.

Maybe another, more inclusive poll? One that includes such things as Planar Animals, City Animals, Farm Animals and Famaliars?

Remove ads