• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which D&D edition do you *really* prefer?

Jiggawatts

Adventurer
2E is where we started, it will always be like that first love that you think about from time to time. Still play it occasionally (actually we played some decade old high level semi retired characters just this past weekend when a friend of ours was in town from out of state). Pathfinder is our current home, and it is a solid, fun game...but honestly it doesn't sate my needs in a game system perfectly, just a bit too crunchy for my tastes. My ideal system would be somewhere about halfway in between Pathfinder and Castles and Crusades in terms of complexity. I have been looking at the upcoming homage to 2E, Myth and Magic, and it might provide what I am looking for.

To reiterate what most others have said, 2E settings and fluff were nothing short spectacular. Planescape, Ravenloft, and my second home the Forgotten Realms. How many amazing supplements were published for FR in 2E...the 3 Gods books, the Volos Guides, Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog, Drizzt's Guide to the Underdark, Cloak and Dagger, Undermountain, Night Below, Ruins of Myth Drannor... just off the top of my head.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads