Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Gamma World

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Something I Forgot

Votes: 21 17.6%

Reynard

Legend
The title, mostly.

Of the various offical worlds of D&D, which one do you think would make the strangest (EDIT: oops, I originally meant "strongest", but here we are) foundation for a prestige TV series a la Game of Thrones or The Witcher?

Note: I included Gamma World and no other non-D&D worlds because it was a D&D setting in 4E.

Last edited:

I would go with either Dark Sun or the world of Birthright campaign setting (Aebrynis) seem the most ready for recent public and critical tastes in TV show.

I think that the potential controversies with Dark Sun could be handled fine in a TV show. Of course, what is depicted in a TV show can run into trouble as a TTRPG setting. If Hasbro is unwilling to develop it in table top products, they don't really get much of a boost by having it as the setting for a TV show.

The problem is that there is a long time in development so tastes now may not be the same when the show actually airs. I think this year's D&D movie would have done a fair bit better in 2019 when "a fantasy Guardians of the Galaxy" might have been a better pitch for a new franchise.

I have no clue with what Mattel did but the whole Barbie film seems to be tapping into the Zeitgeist a lot more than what Hasbro got out of the D&D film.

Remove ads