Which DND God would you worship?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Garnfellow said:
Loviatar. But only in her 1st edition aspect. No question.

What's special about her 1e aspect?

As for me, I've always like Kelemvor, though I doubt I would actually worship her. Probably Tymora or Waukeen. Luck and money are always good [atm, I'm pretty luck, but also broke]. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Probably Mystra or Azuth. If these gods existed, then so would magic, and I would be a Wizard for sure (unless perhaps I was a Psion). Boccob and Savras are both kind of boring, so that leaves Mystra and Azuth. Of course, Sharess/Bast or Sune might be fun too. I guess that would be Mhyriss in Greyhawk, but she doesn't get enough support. In real life, I sometimes joke that I venerate Athena.

Wormwood

Adventurer
In Greyhawk, I would bend my knee at the altar of Boccob the Uncaring.

In the Realms, I would send fervent prayers to Jergal (Lord of the End of Everything, Scribe of the Doomed, the Pitiless One)

But in all settings, Orcus will always have a place in deepest corners of my heart.

Ambrus

Explorer
Dog Moon said:
As for me, I've always like Kelemvor, though I doubt I would actually worship her.
Uhm, Kelemvor is male. I'd have trouble worshipping a god who I knew used to be a guy who hung out in bars and worked as a mercenary. I mean, how much faith can you have in a god who used to sell his services to the highest bidder?

I've always been partial to Bahamut; he's a staunch supporter of good though he has a temperate viewpoint. The fact that he supports human followers is also important.

sckeener

First Post
Very tough question for me. I play clerics and holy warriors/adventures most of the time and throw myself into the roles.....

If I had to pick I'd say the triple goddess aspects are my favorite....virgin, mother, and crone.

In a recent Egyptian themed game I ran, I enjoyed running the cults for Bast, Hathor, and Sekhmet.

However my heart will always belong to a certain triple aspect goddess where I played a holy warrior in a home brew. Her name was Salustra and in this world there were two triple aspect goddesses. Salustra was the evil version. In 1st and 2nd edition I worshipped the white queen (virgin aspect), but in third I went for the Black Queen. The basic principle, beyond the normal for a druidic triple aspect goddess, for Salustra was the weak must perish for the strong to survive...a very Lawful Evolution (per dragon magazine 24 pg 32 Choir Practice at the First Church of Lawful Evil (Orthodox): The Ramifications of Alignment) mindset.

That isn't really how I believe, but I do believe in the tri-aspect goddesses.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Ambrus said:
Uhm, Kelemvor is male. I'd have trouble worshipping a god who I knew used to be a guy who hung out in bars and worked as a mercenary. I mean, how much faith can you have in a god who used to sell his services to the highest bidder?

I've always been partial to Bahamut; he's a staunch supporter of good though he has a temperate viewpoint. The fact that he supports human followers is also important.

Ooops, still had Loviatar on my mind when I wrote 'her' from my question about 1e and what made her so interesting then.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I'd have to say Melikki; always sounded nice, at least. Other than that, probably one of the elven deities.

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Well, as others have said, if a pantheon existed, I'd probably give lip service to whoever suited my needs at the moment (which is not altogether different from "the intercession of the Saints.") (No threadcrap intended.)

talmar

First Post
Moradin the all father. I'm very big on family and family being the most important thing in a persons life. Family would equate to a dwarven clan for me.

Remove ads