• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Essentials class do you like the most?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I am playing a warpriest now, and have for a few sessions.

He is ok, I guess, but nothing special.

We have a guy who is playing one of those- it seems OK. But it seems a tad more limited than the cleric another guy was playing. Still, it seems to fit the player and his role very well.

I haven't played any of them much. The Thief seems good, but I think I like the Mage most. There seem to be more "thematic" abilities for the Essentials Mage than the core Wizard. Though I'd miss rituals.

Droogie128

First Post
I like the e-Thief a lot, and my current PC is a Thief. I like being able to reliably hit & dish out tons of precision damage, although he really sucks vs minions. Second would probably be the Knight, although I like the old 4e Fighter too. The old 4e Rogue was rather weak by comparison; as a melee Striker too squishy, as a ranged Striker unable to reliably get CA.

Very easy to get ranged CA as a phb1 rogue. Deft Strike + stealth, Distant Advantage, Fey Beast Tamer, and a whole bunch of powers which cause the enemy to grant CA.

To answer the OP, Blackguard and Pyromancer .

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Ah. I do know what that is.

I looked them up and read them. They seem decent, but not to my taste. I liked the Autumn Sentinel best, and may borrow from it for my own (it's kind of similar to what I already wrote up). I preferred my own take on the Winter Sentinel though (you can find it in the houserules and fan creations section of ENWorld).

Remove ads