• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which of these would you like to see in 2015 from WotC?

Which of these do you most want to see from WotC in 2015?

• An Open Gaming License

Votes: 467 55.9%
  • An electronic tools suite

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • A Forgotten Realms setting book

Votes: 160 19.2%
  • Another established setting book

Votes: 214 25.6%
  • A brand new setting

Votes: 107 12.8%
  • Another genre (sci-fi, modern, horror, etc.)

Votes: 69 8.3%
  • A book of new rules

Votes: 97 11.6%
  • A book of new monsters, spells, or gear

Votes: 135 16.2%
  • An adventure path

Votes: 140 16.8%
  • Magazines in print (DRAGON/DUNGEON)

Votes: 178 21.3%

ceiling90

First Post
I'd really like the OGL - then maybe my second biggest wish might come true! I really want another Genre or Sci-fi to come from WotC, cause while Modern was sort of a mess, it was a lovely fun action filled mess, that I've grown to love.

DrAlexander

Explorer
I started playing D&D with the 5th Edition so a Forgotten Realms settings book would be perfect to learn about the world in which the adventures I'm playing now are set.

Authweight

First Post
I think there's a reason they called those things "modules" and not "adventures". They're adventure sites. Otherwise known as "settings".

Hmm. Most people I know, when they think "setting" they think Forgotten Realms or Eberron, not Keep on the Borderlands.

A term I've been hoping would come into usage is "adventure setting." It's a setting, but it has small scope, as opposed to the large scope of a campaign setting. It's meant to be a place where many different adventures could happen, but in any given game probably only one or two adventures will happen.

drow

Explorer
i'd love to see 5e go OGL. more settings, whether established (greyhawk, eberron, ravenloft) or new gets my second vote. and i'll throw a vote for dragon and dungeon, too. although i'm a happy Gygax magazine subscriber so that's not as important to me.

Staffan

Legend
I'd like to see a small-ish sandbox setting/adventure. Something on the scale of one of the Dales, providing numerous smaller adventure sites within that setting as well as plenty of plot hooks.

Basically, I want Quest for Glory I as a module.

This. EXACTLY this!

Can't you just do that with the original source material and maybe half an hour prep b fore each session? I ran an early mod (I2 I think) in 13th Age and it was dead eat to do the conversion. I'd have thought 5e was not much harder than that.

I considered Frog God too, but it's a bit too high level for my group, and the wrong sort of feel.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Can't you just do that with the original source material and maybe half an hour prep b fore each session? I ran an early mod (I2 I think) in 13th Age and it was dead eat to do the conversion. I'd have thought 5e was not much harder than that.

I considered Frog God too, but it's a bit too high level for my group, and the wrong sort of feel.
Oh sure, and if I ever get the chance to DM I will. But I'd also like to see new adventure modules done in this mode as well. Paying extra for fancy (and unneeded IMO) packaging I can definitely do without. Hardbacks with full color interiors I will NOT buy! Not for adventures, anyway.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I started playing D&D with the 5th Edition so a Forgotten Realms settings book would be perfect to learn about the world in which the adventures I'm playing now are set.
You could easily start with the original gray box and the FR Adventures.

http://www.dndclassics.com/product/16797/Forgotten-Realms-Adventures-2e?it=1&filters=0_44710_0

The gray box doesn't appear to be available. 3E Forgotten Realms campaign is also very good:
http://www.dndclassics.com/product/...ampaign-Setting-3e?it=1&filters=0_44710_44702

Remove ads