• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Thanksgiving do you celebrate?

Which Thanksgiving do you celebrate?

• American Thanksgiving

Votes: 41 60.3%
  • Canadian Thanksgiving

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Harvest Festival

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Both American and Canadian Thanksgiving

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • All three

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't celebrate any of these holidays

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • My answer is more complex, so I'll explain in a post

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Poll closed .

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, America's Thanksgiving is coming up on Thursday, while Canada's Thanksgiving Day was on October 9th this year (always on the second Monday of the month).

Those in the UK celebrate the Harvest Festival, which is sometimes called Thanksgiving. (Harvest Festivals were traditionally held on or near the Sunday of the Harvest Moon. This moon is the full moon which falls in the month of September.)

Now, the question is which Thanksgiving do you celebrate? Do you celebrate both American Thanksgiving and Canadian Thanksgiving? Who, outside of the UK, celebrates the Harvest Festival?

Vote to be heard!

Knightfall1972

Dioltach

Legend
I don't celebrate Thanksgiving (living in the Netherlands), but a close friend of mine does, so I try to make an appearance for her sake.

Fat Daddy

First Post
American. Won't be celebrating this year though. I'm working so the the family is heading to my wife's folks place for the feast. Meanwhile I will be working 12 hour shifts and enjoying a Thanksgiving pizza. If I am feeling festive I might try and mold the pizza into a turkey shape though!!

WmRAllen67

First Post
American, at my brother's mother-in-law's place-- thirty or more people, two turkeys, no waiting, paper plates because no-one wants to do that many dishes, and I'll sit at the kids' table...

I'm bringing cheese and ice cream to go with the pies, and volunteered for clean-up...

(Does anyone else like cheese on their apple pie? The mom-in-law does, but I'm unconvinced...)

xmanii

Explorer
Fat Daddy said:
If I am feeling festive I might try and mold the pizza into a turkey shape though!!

LOL, good luck!

American for me, and I'll be working, but I was told work will feed me/us.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For the first time, celebration of (American) Thanksgiving comes to my place. My wife and I usually made the rounds of our parents' homes, but this year, people are coming to us. So, no travel, but all the cooking. Not a bad trade, I suppose.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Knightfall1972 said:
Those in the UK celebrate the Harvest Festival, which is sometimes called Thanksgiving. (Harvest Festivals were traditionally held on or near the Sunday of the Harvest Moon. This moon is the full moon which falls in the month of September.)

We do? News to me! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads