• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E While Pathfinder is not for me I still love Paizo because...

Herschel

Adventurer
...the pre-generated, "laminated" maps.

One thing that seems to get lost in all the "Edition Wars" is that multiple companies make supporting products that work great for whatever system you run.

The combat initiative pad is also a cool concept. I do get Dungeon Tiles too but prefer to use the full maps.

The question becomes: what products do you buy made by the company(s) not making the game you're currently playing or planning on playing?

kitsune9

Adventurer
...the pre-generated, "laminated" maps.

One thing that seems to get lost in all the "Edition Wars" is that multiple companies make supporting products that work great for whatever system you run.

The combat initiative pad is also a cool concept. I do get Dungeon Tiles too but prefer to use the full maps.

The question becomes: what products do you buy made by the company(s) not making the game you're currently playing or planning on playing?

Yeah, I would like to pick up their tile sets and flip-mat accessories in the near future.

Cadfan

First Post
I have some initiative magnets from Paizo, and a big Paizo generic grid map. The magnets are nice and get used regularly, the grid map was a gift and while I don't actually dislike it (its better than no grid map), its color scheme was very poorly chosen. Its really, really dark. Which makes the fact that its wet/dry erase kind of pointless, because you can barely see the marker on them.

Treebore

First Post
I subscribe to the maps/cards and the Pathfinders, and right now I even subscribe to their rules until their DMG comes out, doubt I'll go beyond that.

I don't play PF and have no plans to play it. I simply appreciate high quality presentation and writing.

ggroy

First Post
I use the crunch-lite Golarion setting books for my 4E game. Very nice setting for doing "sandbox" style campaigns.

I've also been using the Pathfinder AP's and modules as a source of storylines and encounters. So far they have been relatively easy to translate to 4E.

Barcode

First Post
I also love the maps. I use that sailing ship map a ton. You know how hard it is to draw a four level sailing ship on a battlemat?

Remove ads