• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whips in General and the Lasher PrCl?

boothbey

First Post
Dragongirl said:
hmmmm whips are always good, and so versitile....... grabbing hold of something/someone at a distance, pulling a lever, tripping someone/something and a hell of a lot more fun than a 10' pole in those....non combat situations :)

Thought at first this thread said something about Whips and Leather, was a little sad when I saw it was Lasher not Leather.

:D

So Dragongirl, are you busy tonight? :D
Dinner, movie, and other non combat situations.

Lasher made the whip much more versatile and useful as a weapon. Indiana Jones, Catwoman, Zorro...whips are always cool when depicted in the movies. Nice that the rules finally allow these types of actions and attacks.

JCLabelle

First Post
That's an house rule.

Whip, small exotic melee weapon : A Whip has reach. You can strike opponents 5, 10 & 15 feet away with it. However, you only threaten adjacent foes with it ( the first 5 feet away from you . )
The whip deals subdual damage. It deals no damage to any creature with even a +1 armor bonus or at least a +3 natural armor bonus.
Because the whip can wrap around an enemy's leg or other limb, you can make trip attacks with it. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the whip to avoid being tripped.
When using the whip, you get a +2 bonus on your opposed attack roll when attempting to disarm an opponent ( including the roll to keep from being disarmed if you fail to disarm your opponent.
You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a spiked chain.

Last edited:

Ruavel

First Post
Whips & Leather...

Originally posted by Dragongirl
hmmmm whips are always good, and so versitile....... grabbing hold of something/someone at a distance, pulling a lever, tripping someone/something and a hell of a lot more fun than a 10' pole in those....non combat situations.

Thought at first this thread said something about Whips and Leather, was a little sad when I saw it was Lasher not Leather.
so I guess now would be a good time to start up a thread about WHY my g/f took the Lasher PrC...?

;)

what better PrC is there for a 'fetish-goth' girl to take...?

Ruavel

First Post
Re: Whips & Leather...

Originally posted by Crothian
Master of Chains?:cool:
good call...

:)

although based on picture alone, Tome & Blood's True Necromancer has some serious goth fashion cred, making it a viable option...

Dragongirl

First Post
boothbey said:
So Dragongirl, are you busy tonight? :D
Dinner, movie, and other non combat situations.

Lasher made the whip much more versatile and useful as a weapon. Indiana Jones, Catwoman, Zorro...whips are always cool when depicted in the movies. Nice that the rules finally allow these types of actions and attacks.

Why Mr. Boothbey, are you flirting with me?

hmmm Catwoman.....purrrrrrrrr.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads