• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaffs Wizards Academy Action: in-character thread

Zurai

First Post
Turroth strides into the common room, takes note of the elf and dwarves engaged in another "animated discussion", and sighs to himself. With a few quick gestures, he prestidigitates a soothing white noise into being around his ears, then finds a chair and settles in to study his "Advanced Magical Theory" and "Portals and Pie: A Labyrinthine Introduction" texts.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Durgeon (Dwarf Conjurer)

Durgeon whips Pandak a sneer at the mention of 'Grumblebelly'. "Aren't you researching a Silence Spell there, Gnome? If not, could you?"

He does not even look up when Alexandra enters the room. He shakes his head as she struggles with her precarious load, unable to keep himself from sneaking a look at Alex's muted beauty.

"By the grace of Moradin woman, can you possibly make more of a scene." he snaps as he jumps out of his seat. He stomps over to her circus act, puts gently gruff hand on her to stabilize and guide her, and then holds the door open. "Now get, Clockwork. I have tests to study for." He throws a another grumble in Pandak's direction

Once she has finished exiting to room, and he takes a moment too long to watch her leave. He shakes his head again while grumbling and stomping his way back to his seat.

As the soon-to-be class valedictorian, Turroth, enters the study room Durgeon "I'm sorry Valy, was I suppose to clap?"

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

"My room for swapping not yours." She grins and backs off. In response to his comments on her work, Tylara makes a rude gesture at Durgeon, "Here's your 'Faerie Flourish'," and returns to her paper.

"I am having a most wonderful day Pandak, I was born an elf, every day is an excellent day. Eh, Orfhlaigh is an old stick in the mud. He thinks his little Molecular Composition piece is the center of the magical universe. I guess when you're in his class it is. Good luck with that."

"Ah Alexandra honey, do be careful with that tree now." There is genuine concern in her voice. Perhaps there is something to that treehugger stuff. Tylara directs her unseen servant from trash duty to clearing a path and opening the door for Alexandra, only to have Durgeon rush to the lady's aid. She snorts and tries to look disintersted.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

Durgeon (Dwarf Conjurer)

Durgeon blushes at Tylara's mentioning 'her room' and then tries to hide an embarrassed smile under a visage of grumbling dourness. He offhandedly whispers "Just trying to help, Flora." as he returns to his paper shuffling and an attempt to study for the "Molecular Composition" test tomorrow.

He grumbles not so softly "Gnome." at Pandak having reminded him about this formula and diagram crunched test. Fortunately there is a little overlap with his 'Advanced Planar Mechanics' and 'Planar Compositions and Metaphysical Theory' classes so he has some frame of reference to make it a little less difficult.

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

Finishing the corrections on her paper, Tylara neatly places the sheets back in a folder and drops it into her backpack gruning, "Bah, you've seen one Mephit, you've seen them all." She flips though her planner sees nothing that can't be put off until later and snaps it shut. Looking at her fellow students she comments, "I'm bored. Let's do something."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Durgeon hears a voice, coming from"Come on come on mi big friend, you know I'm the only gnome around here." But there is nothing there... or at least nothing visible.
"Or here" he said in Tylaras back.
"Or here too" he said on Pandacks side.
"Well that seems like to much gnomes for you mortals to bare. Lets just be me, Dalomock" and with that, the invisible gnome became visible, sited on a chair, with a smile on his face. As always he is dressed in bright greens yellows and blues.

FreeXenon

Durgeon (Dwarf Conjurer)

"Moradin, please save me." Durgeon whispers while making a quick prayer motion. The dwarf looks to Dalomock and says, annoyed, "There are two g'nomes too many here. Do you g'know that you are the reason that I have learned See Invis? I only wish that you g'knew a Silence spell as well. At least your Invisibility can save me from g'nawing my own eyes out."

He snickers at Tylara's comment.

J. Alexander

First Post
Gregroy Malfoy - wizard

Entering the room, Gregory will snort in disgust at the neverending argument going on bewteen the elf and dwarf. He then makes his way to a comfortable chair close to a side table where he starts to read the campus and daily newspaper. A copy of "Wizard's Quarterly" can also be seen next to to the newspapers.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The gnome points both the elf and the dwarf with his long thin fingers. "You two need a life. And to get married, no one can hate another so much and don't be in love with. Now shush! You neverending debates don't let us, the really good students to focus on our really important matters." he said and start playing with a metal sphere, that he makes fly throw the room.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads