• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whistle blower says non-human bodies recovered from crash

So given that the majority of posters on this thread call BS, the question then becomes what is his motive or is he delusional...what's the thinking here?

Edit - I haven't seen any of the testimony as yet so I don't have an opinion of the man.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So given that the majority of posters on this thread call BS, the question then becomes what is his motive or is he delusional...what's the thinking here?
Generally, I believe whistleblowers, even if they might get some of the details wrong, by virtue of only having expertise in their one small area of an organization.

But given the tremendous number of people who would have to have been involved in the cover-up -- including some famously Chatty Cathys who enjoy sharing top secret documents with friends at their Florida hotels -- "we've got aliens and UFOs in storage" almost certainly would have leaked years or decades ago. (The same US government that struggles with many routine tasks becoming super-competent only when it comes to shadowy conspiracies seems unlikely.)

I think the whistleblower is probably misunderstanding things and misread normal government secrecy that could have otherwise cleared up his misunderstanding as a cover-up.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend

Edit - I haven't seen any of the testimony as yet so I don't have an opinion of the man.
Watching this now; analysis with a few clips from the testimony.

EDIT A term that they reference several times, SCIF, stands for Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility.

Last edited:

tomBitonti

Adventurer

Eh, I suggest calling it a win and stepping away. The topic is way too politics adjacent for such speculation to turn out well.
TomB

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter

It is quite likely that the whistle-blower believes what they believe.
Does that mean that the US has some alien tech? I dunno and unless Congress outs this information, we can never be sure.
Even if the US has a thing but keep the thing secret then for practical purposes it might as well not exist. One would do well to proceed as if it did not exist, as least as far as most of us go. The Chinese and Russian governments may hold a different view.
If they admit to having a thing but keep it secret, ditto, except now we can speculate as the nature of the thing or if it is a disinformation campaign and whom it that aimed at.
It they have a thing and release it into the public domain, well won't that be fun,

Now for my personal wild assed speculation. The USAF and the USN are kicking off a sixth generation fighter programme. These aircraft will likely operate as the command element of a triad of drone aircraft that will do the strike missions.
If USAF and USN aircrew are reporting UAP/UFOs that cannot be detected by anything other than the mark one eyeball. That is an operational concern, if these observations are real. It is even more of a concern if these things are showing up on some sensors but not others. It would be a concern in current operations but at least the pilots are on the spot in visual ranges and in a position to give context to the phenomenon.
If the pilots are completely reliant on information relayed by drones, it would be very embarrassing if WWIII kicked off because some Navy pilot fired on a sensor ghost.
So, my guess, is the powers that be, want to make reporting UAP/UFOs respectable to track down sensor ghosts and while they are at it nail down once and for all if there is some oddity in the environment giving rise to some of this.

Ryujin

Legend
It is quite likely that the whistle-blower believes what they believe.
Does that mean that the US has some alien tech? I dunno and unless Congress outs this information, we can never be sure.
Even if the US has a thing but keep the thing secret then for practical purposes it might as well not exist. One would do well to proceed as if it did not exist, as least as far as most of us go. The Chinese and Russian governments may hold a different view.
If they admit to having a thing but keep it secret, ditto, except now we can speculate as the nature of the thing or if it is a disinformation campaign and whom it that aimed at.
It they have a thing and release it into the public domain, well won't that be fun,

Now for my personal wild assed speculation. The USAF and the USN are kicking off a sixth generation fighter programme. These aircraft will likely operate as the command element of a triad of drone aircraft that will do the strike missions.
If USAF and USN aircrew are reporting UAP/UFOs that cannot be detected by anything other than the mark one eyeball. That is an operational concern, if these observations are real. It is even more of a concern if these things are showing up on some sensors but not others. It would be a concern in current operations but at least the pilots are on the spot in visual ranges and in a position to give context to the phenomenon.
If the pilots are completely reliant on information relayed by drones, it would be very embarrassing if WWIII kicked off because some Navy pilot fired on a sensor ghost.
So, my guess, is the powers that be, want to make reporting UAP/UFOs respectable to track down sensor ghosts and while they are at it nail down once and for all if there is some oddity in the environment giving rise to some of this.
It seems that the whistleblower is dealing mostly in second-hand information, he claims that he obtained from various people he worked with. He's using the relationship with those people to state that he can't reveal his sources, because he could be charged under the official secrets act for doing so, but would in the confines of a SCIF. The committee has been denied the use of a SCIF, so it's a moot point.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
It seems that the whistleblower is dealing mostly in second-hand information, he claims that he obtained from various people he worked with. He's using the relationship with those people to state that he can't reveal his sources, because he could be charged under the official secrets act for doing so, but would in the confines of a SCIF. The committee has been denied the use of a SCIF, so it's a moot point.
What is a SCIF? aside from that it makes me more suspicious that someone is running an information campaign but to what end?

Remove ads